Chapter 2

(Jennifer's pov)

I picked up my phone,"hello?" I questioned but, was smiling. I know who smiles when they get a call at 7 in the morning? "hello is this Jennifer brown?" the man on the other line asked. "yes sir!" I exclaimed. "hello Jennifer this is the coach of the Chicago Blackhawks and I'm happy to inform you that you won and that we would like you to come to practice it starts at 8 so we will see you in an hour?" the coach questioned,"yes sir thank you so much for the opportunity," I said. He chuckled and then said bye and hung up. I jumped out of bed and rushed to shower. I then straightened my hair and did very light make-up. I then changed into my outfit. (outfit- http://www.polyvore.com/blackhawks_meet_greet/set?id=96868175) I put my hair half up half down and then I put in my clip. I looked at the clock 7:30. I lived pretty close to the rink so I decided to run by Starbucks. I went to Starbucks and went in. I saw some guy standing in front of me. He ordered and then went and sat in a chair to wait. I ordered my coffee and then went to wait for it. I grabbed my coffee and headed to the rink. I was wearing my Patrick Kane shirt underneath my jacket. I pulled up and parked and then someone came and parked next to me. After they parked I got out of my car being careful not to hit the red mustang next to me. "I'm going to guess your Jennifer?" I heard a voice question from beside me. I looked at the owner of the red mustang and saw Patrick Kane standing there. "yup," I said smiling. "well come on you can walk in with me practice is about to start. Oh and thanks for saying I was your favorite player," he said smiling and looking at me as we walked towards the door that lead inside. I looked away and blushed,"no problem you are a great player and not to bad looking," I said winking and playfully nudging his arm with my elbow. Now it was his turn to blush. I giggled at him,"it's not nice to laugh at people missy," he said playfully nudging me like I previously did to him. "you're just so cute when you blush," I said winking. He then started to blush again. We then walked into the arena and Patrick lead me into the locker room where we saw all the guys sitting in there stall listening to the coach. "hey coach sorry I'm late I found Jennifer in the parking lot and lead her inside," Patrick said smiling. "oh ok well please take a seat Patrick and Jennifer please come here," I nodded and stepped away from Patrick and then walked to the coach. "hello Jennifer nice to meet you," the coach said shaking my hand. "hello nice to meet you to," I said smiling. "well we are about to practice and I would love your help so here are some skates you can wear," the coach said. I grabbed the skates from his hands and went outside and sat down on the floor and put on my skates. I got them on and walked out to the ice seeing the guys skating around,"have you ever skated before?" I heard a voice behind me ask. "nope." I said popping the p giving a nervous smile to see Patrick was the one behind me. "well let me teach you," he said holding out his hand. I took it and he wrapped his glove around my small hand. He lead me to the ice and I got nervous. He got on the ice and I stopped before getting on. "don't worry I won't let you fall," he said smiling at me and grabbing my other hand and leading me onto the ice. We started to skate and I felt a little wobbly. We skated around a little bit and then it was time to practice. "so jem what were you saying about squeezing our defense in?" the coach asked smiling at me. "will you put them in their positions for me?" I asked smiling. He nodded and told the guys to get in their positions. I saw Patrick standing in his position as right wing and he was smiling at me. I smiled and then slowly skated to the defense. "see if you pull Brent seabrook in like this and Duncan Keith in like this then it makes it harder for the other teams forwards to come in," I said smiling after showing the guys where they should be now. "see because before they could cut through the center and now it makes it harder." I said smiling. "wow that's great jem," the guys said smiling. "that really is helpful," I heard someone say from behind me. "thanks," I said while turning to see Patrick standing there. He was so handsome! I smiled. I then skated over to the bench and sat down and watched the rest of practice. Every now and then the coach would ask me what I thought. The boys went to shower and I waited inside the arena. I saw Patrick and brent seabrook wearing jeans and Blackhawks shirt and they where skating. They hadn't noticed I was there and started talking,"do you like jem Patrick?" Brent asked patrick. "ya I would love to get to know her but, I doubt she would ever want to get to know me," he said sighing and shaking his head. Why would he think that? "why do you say that man? She even said you were her favorite player." Brent asked Patrick. "because man face it she probably thinks I'm a player. I mean ya she said I was her favorite player but, that doesn't mean she likes me as a person. I would do anything for her to go on a date with me but, I think she just wants to be friends," he said sighing and I could see the sadness on his face,"man then why don't you talk to her and ask her?" Brent asked Patrick. Why does Patrick feel this way? "I guess I could talk to her. I just need to talk to her alone," Patrick said and then they skated off the ice. I ran out of the rink to the outside of the locker room so they wouldn't know I heard all of that. If only patrick knew.