Chapter 13

(Jems pov)

We sat in my hotel room. Patrick had moved his stuff into my room and was packing up his stuff. I finished packing and he grabbed my bags. "Come on babe we are going home," he told me. I nodded still upset at what Jonathan said to me. "Why does Jonathan hate me so much?" I said tears pooling into my eyes. "I don't know but, I'm tired of this. I'm tired of him making you cry," he told me and pulled me into a hug. I cuddled into his embrace and then we released each other so that we could grab our things. Thats right we were going back to Chicago that's how upset Patrick was. "Patrick are you sure about this. You guys have another game tomorrow," I said. "I'm sure lets go," he told me and grabbed my hand with his extra hand. We walked down to the lobby and Patrick got us a cab. We drove to the air port and Patrick bought us two first class tickets. "I'm sorry patty," I said and buried my face into his chest. "Hey baby girl listen its okay I promise. I would rather find somewhere else to play if Jonathan's going to treat you that way. Coach can be as mad as he wants I don't care," Patrick said soothingly. "Patty I don't want you to get in trouble because of me. You should really play tomorrow," I said looking up through my clouded vision. "Jem I care about you so much more. You're so important to me and if I need to I'll request to be traded. Jonathan isn't going to treat you so badly. Okay baby girl I love you so don't worry," Patrick said making me smile. "I love you too patty," I told him. We boarded the flight and Patrick got the window seat of course. I sat beside him and cuddled into his side. Patrick pulled me into his side and wrapped his arms around me. "I love you so much baby girl," Patrick said kissing my temple. "I love you to patty," I said looking up at him. He kissed my lips gently. "Patty what are you going to tell coach Q?" I asked. "baby don't worry about it. I'll deal with it all okay? Now you try to go to sleep for a little bit baby," he said. I nodded and laid my head down on Patrick's shoulder as he rubbed my arms. I soon fell into a deep sleep.

(Patrick's pov)

After I punched Jonathan I felt bad he is my best friend after all but, I am not going to let him control my girlfriend like that. He made her cry for Pete's sake! After I knew Jem was asleep I thought about what I was going to do. should I request to be traded? I don't want to be traded though I love this team and Jem lives here I couldn't get traded and then make her come with me. I knew for a fact when we landed though I would have to call coach Q. I know he would be pissed but, I can't let him do that to Jem. A couple hours later we landed. "Baby girl it's time to get up," I told her shaking her shoulder gently. She sighed and then her eyes fluttered open. I kissed her cheek and we stood up. I intertwined our fingers together as we went to the luggage claim. After grabbing out bags I drove us home. "I'm gonna call coach and then I'll be up to bed," I told Jem. She nodded and sleepily walked up the stairs to my room. She stood at the top of the stairs,"Patty I don't know where your room is," Jem said looking down at me. "Second room on the right babe," I told her smiling. She nodded and disappeared to my room. I pulled out my phone and called Coach Q. I sighed once he picked up the phone.

Coach Q- "Hey Patrick what's up?"

Patrick-"Hey coach...Umm I'm not playing tomorrow."

Coach Q-"What do you mean you aren't playing tomorrow?"

Patrick-"I flew back to Chicago tonight."

Coach Q- "Well you better get your ass back to Pittsburgh! You're playing!"

Patrick- "No I'm not. Jonathan insulted the girl I love and made her cry I will not put her through that. You can punish me when you guys get back."

Coach Q- "Patrick that is not acceptable."

Patrick- "I'm already here. Goodnight coach."

I then hung up. Will I be in huge trouble? Yes but, I'll deal with that when the time comes. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I then felt little arms around my waist. I looked and saw it was Jem. "Baby do what you gotta do. I understand but those guys need you babe," she told me. I sighed I know she was right "I know," I told her. "I'll get the first flight out tomorrow morning," I told her. she nodded and stood on her toes and kissed me on the lips. "Babe don't let me get in the way of your career please," she said pleading. "I'll try not to," I said and I would try but, Jem mattered a lot to me. I grabbed her hand and walked up to my room. After changing I got in bed with Jem. "I'm sorry for making your life harder," Jem whispered barley audible. "No no no babe. You've done nothing but, make me happy baby girl. Don't ever doubt that," I told her kissing her forehead. She cuddled into me and I heard her breath even out and I soon fell asleep after her.