Chapter 6

??? P.O.V.

You could say I found this amusing. She found me more threatening than the royal family. "So, why would you go to sleep in your day clothes?" I asked her as I pulled a blanket out of my saddle bag.

"I was staying at a friends house. You're not gonna hurt her, are you?" the girl asked worriedly.

"You're the one I'm after, princess," I say as I spread the blanket over her body.

"I should probably tell you, I'm not royalty," she says, her voice quiet.

"I know. Doesn't mean I can't give you a nickname," I tell her, walking back to my log.

"Why do I need a nickname?" she asks.

"Because," I grunt as I sit, "unlike all the people in the village, I don't know your name. I heard them speaking to you but I couldn't quite pick up what they called you." She does nothing but nod slowly. "I was hinting by the way," I add.

"I know," she says simply.

"You're not gonna tell me your name, are you?" I chuckle before she visibly stiffens. "Is there a reason you fear me more than the royals?" I ask.

"How do you know that?" she asks.

"Saw you hanging out with Prince Hayden today. You seemed completely unattracted and unthreatened by him. Yet now, you stiffen at the smallest whisper of my voice," I say.

"How long have you been following me, may I ask?"

"Not very long, princess," I tell her as I leaned back with a small stretch.

"Please stop calling me that," she whispers after a pause.

"Why? It suits you," I say.

"How so?"

"Well, you kinda look like a princess," I say and she looks herself up and down.

"This morning my mother took my cloak because it was covered in deer blood," she says blankly.

"I know some princesses that hunt," I laugh, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Who?" she questions.

"Well, let's see. There's Princess Merida, of Dunbroch. I've hunted with her a few times. I gave Princess Anna of Arendelle a few lessons with a bow and arrow. Princess Rapunzel accompanied her husband and I, and I could that as hunting. Uh-" she cut me off my list.

"Who the heck are you?!" she asks.

"Let's just say...I'm known," I tell her with a chuckle.

"By all surrounding kingdoms?!" she says in exasperation.

"And some not. You cut me off before I could finish," I say with a small shrug.

"I don't want you to finish," she grumbles.

"I was just answering your question," I tell her simply.

"Well next time just say 'I know more than you, peasant'," she says and I smirked behind my mask.

"Why don't you get some sleep," I say, standing up to get some arrows to put in my quiver.

"Not with you around," she hissed under her breath.

"Relax. I'm keeping watch," I tell her.

"Is that supposed to settle my nerves?" she asks.

"Does it not?"

"I think you know it doesn't and you're trying to keep it up," she says.

"Trust me, princess. My intentions are nothing short of harmless," I say.