Chapter 21: Explanations and Getting Along Merrily

"Why don't we go for a walk, and you can explain everything to me." Niall said, not in a nosy way, but more of a 'you should talk about this' way.

"Okay, but let's wait for the others." I said.

Niall and I sat waiting, patiently, for everyone else to show up. I don't think we waited long for the rest of the gang to show up. "So where are we gonna go, next?" Emily asked.

"Well, Niall and I wanted to go take a walk for a while, so why don't we all split up, and we'll meet at Pier Park, just send us a text and let us know when we need to come on." I said. I never really was a person in command, but I guess now, that gene came in handy.

Everyone else agreed, and without another word we separated. Niall and I began walking down the street past Margaritaville, and he asked me to start explaining.

"Well, it all starts when I was about seventeen. My step brother had came to live with us, my family and I, for a few months. At first, it was okay, we started making excuses for him because he would not do anything. We tried making him do anything, but two months living with us, he wanted to go back to California. Keep in mind, he had came the year before and stayed with us for two days, and went back to California.

"He didn't want anything to do with us, other than our money. My step dad didn't even say anything to him because he didn't my step brother to be mad at him. To be honest, I think dad was more worried about Julio trying to kill us in our sleep because he never went to bed until like one or two in the morning." I explained. Niall just listened, and he didn't interrupt like I thought he would.

He, finally, spoke, "So what was with you looking at your phone angrily?"

"Like I said, Julio only wants us to loan him money that he will not give back. He doesn't even call his dad to check on him when he knows that dad is hurting. I told him off while we were in Margaritaville, but I didn't check my messages. So when I did, it was Julio telling me that we needed to talk about the money." I explain.

"Wow, I don't mean to be offensive or anything, but your family is messed up." He said with a laugh.

"Oh, I know. Just wait until next week when my brothers try to go to school when they don't have to." I begin laughing along with him.

I felt a huge weight being lifted off of my shoulders. I just couldn't wait for my mom, and two cousins to hear about this. 

We continued talking for what seemed like hours, but was only about 30 minutes. "Let's go look around in the shops. I'm getting tired of not looking at anything." I say trying to get up from the bench that we managed to find. My bottom was sore from sitting, and I needed to get up and walk.

"Sure, I think my butt is sore from sitting." He said laughing.

I don't know, but I think that Niall, and I could be good friends. I just hope that for the remainder of this vacation, my brother doesn't try to contact me in any way. I don't have anything to say to him. I just want to go and live merrily with my life.