Break up

Chapter Three:-

Caitlin's point of view:

I woke up with the sun attacking my eyelids, and my alarm blaring in my ears. I reached over to turn it off, and I found a note.

"Sorry I couldn't be here when you woke up. There's coffee on the counter and a sandwich in the fridge." - Barry.

"He actually stayed...and he called me cute!!!!!" I exclaimed happily. "This day cannot get any better," I say heading to the bathroom. I got dressed and headed to S.T.A.R. Labs.

When I got there, I saw H.R. frantically searching for something..I laughed and held up his drumsticks which he left here last night. I handed them to him, but then they started to freeze, along with his arm.

I immediately pulled away, but then an icicle shot at something.....or someone.

It was Iris. The icicle managed to land right near her feet. "You monster!!!" She shouted angrily.

On that note, my eyes turned white and so did strands of my hair. Killer Frost was about to emerge when I felt a gust of wind flow through the cortex.

It was Barry.

He went to H.R. and unfroze his arm by vibrating near him. Iris was about to run into his arms, but he ignored her and hugged me.

"My day has been perfected," I thought.

Barry rubbed my back as my eyes and hair turned back to normal.

Joe and Cisco came strolling in and Iris stormed off, causing Joe to follow her out. Cisco dragged H.R. out, with big smiles on both of their faces.

"I wonder why," I thought.

Barry and I were now alone.

"Hey Cait, you okay?" He asked tipping my chin up to face him.

There we go...those sparkling, green gems again. I gazed into his eyes while he gazed into mine.

"Uh....um....yeah. I'm fine," I said biting my lip. I could swear I saw him glance down at my lips.

He started leaning in and I didn't back out...one more move and...

"Hey guys!!!" Cisco shouted running into the cortex.

We scrambled away from each other and scratched the back of our necks.

"A breach is opening! Hurry!" Cisco said heading out. We followed him out, not daring to look at each other.

When we got there, we saw Harry and Jessie jump through the breach. We all hugged them, happy for their return.

"I'll go call Wally," I said to Jesse.

She simply nodded, while Harry just rolled his eyes. I laughed and headed to the cortex, but Cisco stopped me.

"Are you gonna be okay?" He asked.

"With the help of you guys, of course," I assured him.

He gave me a hug and I hugged back.

(Time skip...)

Barry's point of view:

I still can't believe what almost happened. I almost kissed Caitlin.

I don't feel bad though.

That's when I made my decision.

I know that Iris cheated on me, and H.R. told me that she called Cait a monster.

Caitlin is the total opposite. She's sweet and caring.

I've decided to give Iris one more chance, and if she blows it, we're done. Oddly enough, I don't feel heartbroken.

That's when I saw something, or... someone.

It was Cisco. He looked like he just got a vibe.

"What's wrong?" I asked him.

"Uh....nothing. Why would you ask something like that when..."

He stopped rambling when he saw the serious look on my face.

"Ok. I vibed something...from the future."

"What was it?"

"Iris...she was...kissing another guy. I'm sorry, man,"

"Actually, it's okay. Thanks for telling me," I patted him on the shoulder.

"But...I..."

"Bye!!" I shouted speeding away.

I went to Joe's house and found Iris with her engagement ring off, and very revealing clothes on.

"Oh...uh..hi Barry. What are you...um... doing here?" She asked covering her left hand.

"We're done, Iris! Feel free to keep the ring," I said speeding out.

She didn't even try to stop me. I guess she just wasn't the love of life like I hoped.