"What's wrong with you?" Sam asked.

'A lot bro, a lot.'

Dad was still laughing like crazy though. "You....really thought.....I would've bought you.....a Porsche"

"Yeah dad, laugh it up" I grumbled as I pulled my curly hair out of my face. I was mixed. Dad met a woman in a bar and was smitten with her for a while and here I am. But things didn't go well and then he met aunty Judy, Sam's mother.

The woman returned to Barbados, an island in the Caribbean and where I was born. I grew up there before coming to live with Dad.

We passed a clown with a sign pointing to the right and dad took that path. We got out and there were many cars here and also remains of cars.

Of course. This is just like dad.

"Here? No, no, no, what is this?" Sam said. "You said half a car, not half a piece a crap dad"

"I don't know, one man's trash could be another's treasure." I said looking around.

"That's right Layla. And you have experience, not?" Dad said grinning

I rolled my eyes. "I tinker, Dad. A wire, plug, battery-not the whole damn car"

"Well, you'll just get more experience."

'Oh, he's just too pleased with himself for this'

I thought for a second I saw yellow moving behind some of the cars. Before I could go and check it out, Dad called for me.

"Layla!" Dad hollered for me. Everyone was staring at me and a man had joined him. "Bobby Bolivia, like the country except without the runs. How can I help you?" he asked and dad explained the whole buying a car situation.

"That practically makes us family. Uncle Bobby B baby, Uncle Bobby B" he said shaking our hands. He had dark chocolate skin wearing a black shirt with yellow flowers, a gold chain and a hat.

"Wassup? I'm Layla" I said grinning

"How'd you do, little miss?" he said. After the greetings and explanations. I got bored and started exploring.

Suddenly, my head started to tingle and a shiver ran down my spine. Before me was a yellow muscle car with black stripes, a 1976 Camaro. I walked towards it.

My eyes widened.

'Trash really could be treasure'

"Hello beautiful" I said as I traced the car's hood. The hood was hot as if the car was just running and- and did the car just shiver? I pulled back my hand

"What the hell?" I waited but nothing else happened.

"Okayyy" I whispered

I decided to inspect the rest of the car, for some reason I was interested. It was kind of dirty but nothing that couldn't be washed. A bit of chipped paint here and there.

I pulled the handle and to my surprise it was open. I opened the door and sat in the driver's seat and it was comfortable. The seats were leather, nice and smooth and I couldn't stop rubbing them.

"Wow." I muttered before stopping

The car shivered again! It was more noticeable as I was inside of the car. It wasn't on, I wasn't moving and I was pretty sure there wasn't an earthquake.

That's it! I'm going crazier.

Sam then entered the passenger's seat and I continued my exploration. I put my hands on the steering wheel, a nice and tight grip. That too felt perfect to the touch.