chapter twenty-nine

messages

carter + devon

#1 hockey boy

merry christmas devon, sorry i couldn't be there but i hope you have a great day

newest huskie

merry christmas to you too carter. i can't wait to watch the game tomorrow!

#1 hockey boy

i can't wait either tbh

i have to go to lunch with the team but ill talk to you later

newest huskie

have fun

miss you

#1 hockey boy

miss you too

-

it was the first game of the world juniors and i was at annie's house with her and riley. riley had figured out a way for us to watch the game so we got snacks and pizza set up ready to watch the game. the broadcast started and they had an interview with carter making me smile. i hadn't seen him in so long i almost forgot how much i liked his hair.

"look at chamberlain with her heart eyes for carter."

"shut up sutter!" i whined making him laugh.

it was a good first game for the canadian boys. they had won 4-2 against finland.

"we watching tomorrows game tomorrow too?" sutter asked. i looked at annie because it was her home so it was up to her.

"sure," she said so they looked at me and i nodded.

"we should have a get together for the outdoor game," sutter suggested.

"you mean a party," annie sassed.

"no, a party has music and theres a lot of people. this is just a get together, a few people watching a hockey game." his plan sounded nice, i could go for a "get together". "if we have to we can have it at my place. parks won't mind."

"sounds fun, let me know the details and i'll be there but i have to go. see you tomorrow! oh! can i bring jackie tomorrow? i don't know if i can get a babysitter." i asked standing in the doorway.

"my best friend is always welcomed!" annie cheered.

"she's my best friend!" riley joked making annie complain. that was my que to leave. 

-

[a/n finally updated! sorry, i have been super busy!]