chapter twenty

it was really late but everyone in the house had fallen asleep. so i texted carter saying the coast was clear and less than ten minutes he shows up at the door i told him to go to. i let him but didn't say anything, just smiled. he followed me upstairs being careful not to make any noise which we were surprisingly successful at. i locked my door once we got in so nobody would walk in. i turn to face him and hug him tightly.

"c'mon lets watch a movie," he whispered and got on my bed. i followed him and grabbed the remote to turn the tv on and another one to turn netflix on. i lay next to him, my breathing isn't normal. im nervous to be so close to him yet i feel comfortable being here too.

"how about we watch friends instead of a movie," i asked looking up at him.

"sure." i put friends on turning the volume down low so it wouldnt wake anybody up. "before you fall asleep can i ask you something?"

i hated when people said that, it made me nervous, "yeah."

"that one week im back would you want to go on a date?" i was shocked but relieved. dad was right about him coming around but i didn't think it would be so soon. "and it doesn't have to mean anything big if you don't want it to specially with me being gone i just-"

"yes." im quick to put my hand on his cheek to try to make him stop rambling. "id love to."

the muscles in his face become less tense and his lip curl up. he stares at me for a while then i remember my hand is still on his cheek. as im about to move it he leans in a connect his lips to mine. it caught me off guard but leaned in to kiss him back. i let go and blush.

"now watch the show," i say laying back down.

i hear him exhale through his nose and giggle a little when he plays with my hair making fall asleep. 

-

[a/n straight to the point lol]