chapter one

"please? i really like him!" that's how i got dragged into going to a hockey game. but i guess it was for the good for both annie and i.

annie is my best friend who convinced me to go to this hockey game to see this boy she's been talking to for a while. i didn't know a lot about the guy except for the things annie has told me and the photos she's shown me.

"so will you go with me tonight?"

i thought about it, "yeah i guess. but i have to bring jackie because dad has a meeting with people from somewhere in asia."

she jumped onto me and hugged me, "yes! thank you! how long can you stay out because he asked me to go out to dinner after the game with him and some of his friends."

"yeah ill go if jackie's up to it."

"thank you devon! i owe you!" and with that i headed to fourth and final period thinking about awkward this night could possibly be.

-

i picked jackie up from her daycare. jackie's my seven year old sister, well adopted sister. my dad's sister passed away when she gave birth to jackie and the guy she was dating didn't want to deal with a  baby so we took her in.

"so jackie do you want to go watch a hockey game tonight and go to dinner after? i bet we can find you some chicken nuggets."

"yes! is hockey the one were they skate with sticks in their hands?" i laughed quietly.

"yeah it's the sport dad watches before you go to bed." i look back to jackie in my rear-view mirror, she's smiling.

we got home and each ate a poptart while getting homework done. me being me a procrastinator i ended up helping jackie learn multiplication.

four o'clock rolled around so i suggested we get ready, "wear something warm!" i put on a long sleeve then a seattle mariners crewneck on. i went downstairs to wait for jackie.

i see her running down the stairs with her floral jacket on over her t-shirt with donuts on it. "can i wear my rainbow boots?"

"you can wear whatever you want," i helped her keep her balance while she put them on. then i put my bean boots on. "i think i left your hat and gloves in the car we'll get them as annie picks us up." i put my hat on then went to the bathroom to quickly take my contacts out, they weren't feeling right. "jackie can you grab my glasses from the stand next to the couch?"

"yeah!"

i plopped the last contact into the container as i heard jackie's rainboots on the hardwood floor.

"here ya go!"

"thank ya my lady." i grabbed my glasses out of her hands and put them on my face.

"i like them."

"thank you, again."

the doorbell rang so we both bolted for the door, jackie opened it because she got there before me.

"hey annie!"

"hi jackie are you ready for a fun night?"

"very because devon promised me chicken nuggets."

"that sounds like a good promise."

we left the house and got into annie's car. i ran to my car to grab jackie's hat and gloves and grabbed my chapstick that was frozen.

"here you go j," i got in the front seat and reached my arm out backwards for her.

"yay my yellow gloves." she said quietly but not so low we couldn't hear.

"ok, so his name is riley?" i questioned annie about this boy.

"mhm, riley sutter, 18, plays hockey, and is really cute."

"annie has a crush! haha!" jackie laughs.

"hey don't make fun of me you goober!" annie's comment made jackie giggle.

arriving at the arena jackie kept jumping up and down she was so excited. annie hand both of us a ticket.

"i'll pay you back on monday," i said thinking the next time i'd see her would be monday at school.

"no need to! riley gave me them, his family was suppose to come but something came up so he gave them to me and told me to bring friends so it's good you brought jackie!"

"cool, thanks for inviting us." i smiled wide.

i picked up jackie while we looked for our seats because there were lots of people and she wouldn't hold my hand. annie led the way to our seats, she was very eager.

we found our seats as the team came out for warm ups. "look there he is!" annie pointed to the ice at number 14 with 'sutter' on the back. after the national anthem the game started. the tips scored in the first five minutes causing everyone in the arena to cheer loudly.

"that was so cool!" jackie jumped up and down. it was amusing to see how jackie was more interested into the game than i was. at intermission i caught a free t-shirt and gave it to jackie, she put it over her donut t-shirt.

the game ended with the tips winning 3-0. "what are the odds sutter scored?" i laughed as we left the arena to meet riley and whoever else is coming with us to dinner.

"i know right! made my night." she blushed. "so jackie did you have fun?"

"yes! can we go again?"

i look at annie then back at jackie, "yeah we can sometime."

after waiting what felt like forever boys started exiting the building. who im assuming was riley came towards us with 2 other guys. annie and riley greeted each other and hugged, it was actually kind of cute.

"this is my best friend devon and her little sister jackie. devon, jackie, this is riley." we both waved to him.

"these are my friends jake and carter." riley introduced the two boys who were about the same height as him. "so we headed to the diner that's like two blocks away?"

everyone looked at each other then nodded in agreement. jackie, annie and i got back into annie's car while the other guys got into one of their cars. 

-

[a/n first chappie up! hope you enjoyed it :))]