chapter twenty-four

its finally the week that carter was back till he left for a month or two. i told him to meet me at my house at 3 because that's when i got home from school and picking jackie up.

i pulled into the driveway to the house the same time carter did. i got out of the car quick and ran up to him.

"i missed you," i whispered in his chest.

"i missed you too." he said kissing my forehead.

"carter!" jackie ran up and hugged his leg.

"hi jackie i missed you."

"i missed you too!"

we all headed inside, "oh shit, carter can you grab the mail?" i asked him before he walked inside, he nodded.

he looked at the letter at the top of the pile and his eyes widened. before i could question him he handed me the letter.

"holy shit." it was my letter from university of washington. i looked up at carter and he gestured for me to open it. i go inside hoping he'd follow. i sit at the bar staring at it.

"what is it?" jackie asks, i hold it up so she can see. "oh, well open it!"

"i don't want to, it's not a big package. its small most likely saying i didn't get in."

"you applied to other colleges, and still have time to apply to some," carter said. "and who knows, maybe you got waitlisted. either way we all will be there for you."

"ugh carter stop being nice," i groaned making him laugh. i took a deep breath and started opening the letter. "ok," i said before unfolding the paper.

i read the word I've been hoping to see for the past couple months and fell to my knees crying. "I GOT IN!" carter and jackie jumped around and got on the floor to hug me. after happy crying and reading the whole letter i figured i should call dad. the letter told me that there was more information about my acceptance on their website int the portal. so i entered my log in as my phone started to ring.

"devon are you ok? im in a meeting."

"DAD I JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO WASHINGTON!" i yelled and cried even more.

"what! you did?"

"yeah!"

"honey im so proud!" i heard shuffling then his voice again, "my daughter got accepted into the university of washington!" he yelled and i heard cheering and clapping. "my meeting congratulates you!"

"thanks, don't go just yet. i need to read this." i started reading the acceptance letter on my laptop. it was much longer and explained that they didn't send this version because they normally don't send letters like these until spring.

"what do they mean by letters like these?" carter asked reading along with me.

"i don't know just keep reading." which we did exactly. but this time i read it out loud so dad could get in on the excitement. "we are pleased to inform you that you have received a full academic scholarship." carter hugged me and dad was cheering while crying. "no fucking way!" i started balling.

"my sister is a genius!" jackie yelled and ran around the house.

after a while i had calmed down and dad left to get back to his meeting. carter kept hugging me and telling me he was so proud.

"shit i have to call the girls." i opened skype so i could call all of them at once. waiting for a couple of seconds they surprisingly answered.

"whats the emergency? you never call all of us," taylor said quickly.

"I GOT A FULL SCHOLARSHIP TO BE A HUSKIE!"

"WHAT NO WAY CONGRATS WERE HAVING A PARTY ASAP!" annie screamed.

"AH DEVON IM SO PROUD!" mindy and taylor said.

we chatted for a bit longer and all decided to meet at annie's house because her parents wouldn't be home. i didn't want to leave because i wanted to be home when dad home but he said he wouldn't be home till late. so i brought jackie and carter to annie's, carter messaged riley, connor and jake to go to annies too.

i was so happy that i hadn't even thought about carter leaving in a couple days.

-

[a/n baseball is back but the rays are sucking ass arg, also i think i edited this but im half asleep so its probably still iffy]