13. Swiping

"Louis!" Liam yelled, walking into the Zete apartment. "Lou, where are you?"

"What?" Louis whined. He was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a beer as he typed up something on his laptop. "I'm typing up feedback for my students."

Liam walked into the kitchen, setting down his messenger back and rolling his eyes. "Is that Miller?" He asked, raising an eyebrow as he grabbed a banana from the fruit basket.

"Miller lite!" louis replied, smirking. "It's healthier."

"Sure it is," Liam said with a smirk. "Listen, you really upset Harry today, man. Not cool!"

Louis looked up from his work, locking eyes with Liam, his icy orbs causing Liam to take a step back in shock. He forgot how blue Louis' eyes were, especially after spending so much time looking into Zayn's brown ones.

"Oh, I upset him?" louis asked, crossing his arms over his chest and making a pouty face. "I was up there saving him while that ginger nerd was roasting him. Sheesh! He should be thanking me."

Liam shrugged. "Yeah, you did cover for him. But he was upset you asked him up there in the first place — and told everyone he was new to the class. He doesn't like the attention," Liam explained as he took a bite of his banana.

"Oh, come on. That's just rubbish, Li. If he doesn't like attention he shouldn't do drama," he rebuked. "It comes with the territory. Did he think he could sit there silently and read Macbeth?"

Liam shook his head, giving up as he wasn't in the mood to deal with Louis' attitude this afternoon. He had just finished a difficult round of maths problems at the tutoring center and wanted to relax and clear his head with some Netflix.

"You're right, you're right," Liam said, nodding. "The lad is just nervous, that's all. Needs a little TLC."

"TLC?" Louis cried, pointing to his laptop. "So should I just rewrite his evaluation then? Tell him it was bloody amazing, Broadway worthy? Please, it was second rate, at best. I was polite in this evaluation because he's a beginner but he has to step it up next time around. This is my job, Liam. I'm not going to favor him because he's your little friend."

"I never asked you to — little friend?" Liam asked, confused. "I do not have the hots for Harry.... I thought you did?"

Louis rolled his eyes and finished off his beer, slamming the empty can down on the table. "Harry is attractive yes. Adorable and charming, sure. But he's too easy, Liam. He just wants to explore the other side — has barely crossed the bi line," Louis replied. "I don't want to be someone's little experiment, especially not a closeted boy like styles. I've been there before, and trust me, it's not fun. I want more of a challenge, someone who can dance my dance, if you know what I mean."

Liam nodded understandingly. That made perfect sense. They did seem to be looking for different things. Harry was an innocent lamb, shaky and unsure, and louis was an experienced wolf, who had already had his fair share of lambs and wanted something more his own pace.

"I know. I mean, he does like you though. But if you're not down, there's no reason to bother," Liam said, heading towards the kitchen door.

"Yeah, mate. I'm glad we're on the same page," Louis replied, returning to his work. "And listen, Liam. I know you wanna pay me back for setting you up with Zayn and all... but we're even. It's perfectly fine. I don't need you to set me up with anyone."

Liam laughed nervously, rubbing the back of his head. "Of course, sorry," he said quickly. "I wont intervene anymore."

"Thanks," louis replied, though Liam could hint a bit of emotion in his voice. Was it desire? Regret? He wasn't entirely certain.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry was in the library doing maths problems when Camille found him. She didn't hesitate to rush over to him, kicking up her leg onto his library desk and smiling sweetly at him.