Part 12 - Consequences of love

Start from the beginning

Entering the living room,I see Rory sitting at the coffee table. He appears to be lost in his thoughts,blankly staring at the page in front of him,holding a pen.

I tilt my head to the side observing him. His shirt slightly outlines the muscles of his body,especially his arms. He must be working out and swimming very hard?

I redden slightly at the thought of him shirtless. Ellie you perv! Snap out of it! What the hell am I thinking and standing around for!?

"Rory?" I walk up to him,tapping his shoulder.

Rory's point of view ...

She's so beautiful ... I was deep in thought when I felt a slight tap on my shoulder. I turn to look at Ellie who was smiling as always.

"Huh? Oh,hi. I didn't hear you come in," I frantically explain.

"It's alright. I brought you some food since I figured you might be hungry," she gestures to the kitchen.

"That's so thoughtful of you," I smile and raise myself up from the ground.

We sat down in the kitchen and had a late lunch together. It was always nice to spend time with her. She manages to brighten up even the bleakest day.

I glance down at my watch and my eyes suddenly widen as a panic runs through my veins.

"Shit,I almost forgot!" I clasp my forehead.

"Forgot what?" She asks keen.

"Uh,nothing - I have to go,but I'll be back soon."

I jump up and run towards the door,opening it,I glance at a confused Ellie over my shoulder and run out. I hope she likes it.

Four hours later ...

Ellie's point of view.

It's been hours since Rory left. I was busy watching television, something I rarely had the chance to do,when a knock caught my attention.

"Huh? Must be Rory?" I get up from the couch and go to open the door.

To my surprise it wasn't, Rory but Emil. Wait a minute what's going on here? Both show up in one day. I narrow my eyes.

"Hello,Emil."

"Hi,Ellie."

I opened the door for him to enter. Emil casually walks in with a whistle. He is happier than usual. I wonder why?

"Would you like something to drink?" I ask closing the door.

"Yes,please. Sorry to barge in like this,but I had to see if you were okay," he smiles and sits down at the kitchen table.

"Really? That's very kind of you."

Emil's point of view.

I redden slightly after she mentioned I'm kind. Ah,she's so gorgeous. Not a day goes by without her crossing my mind. 

"What's all those books and papers?" I ask looking at them.

"Oh,those belong to Rory," she explains with a smile.

Ugh! That guy. He really gets under my damn skin. Why is he always around when I am? Dammit. I wonder what he's up to this time around?