Chapter Fifteen

<3: Dedicated to Hxrrys, because she's AWESOME! :)

Chapter Fifteen:

"Are you sure this is okay? I mean, I don't want to intrude or anything. Christmas is a family holiday." I asked quietly. 

Kevin rolled his eyes at me. "Maybe you should've asked that before we sat through a three hour bus drive. Veronica, we're literally two minutes away from my house. Even if it's not okay, you'll still have to come." 

"So I am intruding, aren't I?" 

"No. Tamara invited you. And my family likes you. And it will only be my family. You are more than welcome to our humble abode." 

I snorted at that. "Humble abode? More like humble mansion." 

"Hey! It's not tha---okay, fine. But I'm sure your house is pretty big, too. I hate to sound materialistic and snobby, but you can't go to that school if your parents don't have money. So shut up and don't make me feel spoilt." He coughed out, frowing grumpily and roughly pulling his duffel bag higher.

"Woah. You are really snappy today. In the morning, you ran off for no apparent reason. In the bus, you rudely hogged the window seat, and had my suffer without an arm-rest. And you've been showing attitude all day. I mean, I'm not offended or anything, but are you okay? Seriously." I asked, watching fog smoke out of my mouth like it does in horror movies. And winter, but who cares about that? Not like it's the beginning of December or anything. Pfft.

:You're right. I'm sorry. I'm just a little cranky these days." he said, actually looked apologetic. 

"S'okay. I'm not exactly the nicest person either, in case you haven't noticed." I chuckled.

"That's where you're wrong. You are a very nice person. But for some reason, you hide it." 

"And this is when you become all philosophical and start to creep me out by being extremely stalkerish."

He gasped loudly, swivelling his head around to stare at me outrageously. "How---How could you say that?! After all we've been through together, you betray me! And we even had breakfast together! Twice!  Don't you know what that means to me?!" he babbled, crossing his eyes which cause him to fall straight on his ass. 

I tried to look bored and irritated, but my facade cracked. "BWAHAHAHA! You----fell! OMG, you retard!" I cackled.

He got up, brushing pieces of gravel off his rear. And then he smiled at me. Like he was ever so happy.

"Why are you smiling? Doesn't your butt hurt?" I asked, still chuckling.

"Yeah, it hurts. But that's okay...because it made yo----I mean, it was funny." he replied, smiling secretively.

"You're so weird. Oh look! We're here!" I exclaimed, a little too loud because I was nervous.

"You're not scared, are you?"  

"Ha! Of course not! Okay...maybe a little. But it's okay. I don't care! Whoo...I'm ready. Come on, let's go!" I yelled, dragging him to the doorstep.

He slammed open the door, only to be attacked by smothering kisses and loud voices.

And not just a few voices. There were definitely a lot of people in there.

Oh shit. I just walked right into a family reunion. 'Only my family' he said. Kevin, you suck.

A/N: OMG guys! I am SOOOOOOO SOOOOOOOOO sorry! My laptop crashed and it wouldn't work! I had to legit take it to the store. Oh gosh! I am so sorry! Please don't ditch my book...! Read, niggas. Please! Damn, I sound desperate. Anyways, VOMMENT! Love you loads, xx.

- Mia :*