Chapter Eleven

Dedicated to masked_from_reality, because she was the first commenter and obviously reads my book faithfully [I hope]. 

CHAPTER ELEVEN: 

"This is our stop. Come on." Kevin said, reaching for my hand. I nodded at him, ignoring his air born hand. He picked up his gigantic duffel bag excruciatingly slow and I impatiently waited with nothing but my dead phone, the key to my room, and a  thirty-dollar note in the back pocket of someone else's jeans. 

We bustled down the aisle, each of us in a hurry to get to school and relieved to stretch our legs after a 3 hour long bus drive.

It was a five minute walk from the bus stop, so we walked next to each other in an awkward silence. Finally, he spoke. "Do you hate me?" he asked carefully. I stayed silent, pondering over that legitimate question and deciding whether or not to verbally answer.

"No." I said truthfully. "I don't hate you. But that doesn't mean I like you, either." I stated. 

"Okay. That's all I needed to know." he said, nodding at me and taking out his phone. After what seemed like eternity, we reached the dumb gate and flashed our dumb I.D cards. 

We parted ways with fake smiles and I was on my own, at last. I made my way to my dorm room, making mental plans to flop on my queen-sized bed. I shoved the key into it's lock, and dramatically slammed open the door. 

"What the fuck?!" I whispered, staring in horror at my room. My perfect bed was gone, replaced with an uncomfortable looking single bed. There were One Direction posters pasted on half of the room, along with polaroid pictures of strangers. And my conveniently placed desk was shoved in the corner.

Not to mention the second single bed on the other side of the room. "No. No. No. NOOOOOOO!" I groaned, leaning against the doorway. I was getting a roommate...

I closed the door lightly and made my way to my new bed feeling light-headed. I collapsed on it and fell into a deep sleep...

"Hello? Yoohoo. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up. Wake up!" An irritating female voice screeched, punching me on my shoulder. I woke up with a start, sucker-punching the girl on her stomach. She fell to the ground with a yell of pain. 

"Oh shit! Shit! I'm sorry, holy shit!" I yelled, panicking and picking her off the ground. I plopped her on my bed and pulled her shirt up to see the damage. It looked fine, it was just a little red. I guess I didn't punch her that hard.

"AAAAAAAHHH! R*PE! HELP ME!" She began screaming, kicking around wildly and nailing my rib cage. The air in my lungs was knocked out, and I felt a searing pain down my left side. 

"I'm not r*ping you, you psycho bitch!" I yelled, pushing her off the bed.

She clambered onto her own bed and yelled, "AAAAAH! HELP!" continuously for about thirty seconds. 

"Shut up!" I yelled, and thank God, she actually listened.

We both rested in peace for a few minutes, the only noise coming from our heavy breathing. Suddenly, she started crying. She was whimpering disturbingly, and it was starting to freak me out.

"A-are you okay?" I asked her tentatively. She swallowed noisily. 

"Yeah. But---but it just really hurts." she sniffled. 

"I'm guessing you haven't been in many fights before." I said, sighing dejectedly. I went and got a clean cloth from my drawer, wet it with really cold water from the sink, and handed to her. 

"Just press it against your stomach. It'll have to substitute for ice." I instructed, going back and lying down on my bed. She nodded at me, watching me cautiously.

After a few more minutes, I broke the tense silence once again. "What's your frigging name, woman?" I asked rudely, walking up to her and positioning my face two inches away from hers.

"Sylvia White." she answered, inching backwards.

"Okay. I'm Veronica Cortez. I am your new roommate, whether you like it or not. I know we got off to a bad start, but I promise not to hit you again without provocation. I am not going to be your girly best friend, but I will be nice to you if you're nice to me and follow my one rule: Never touch my stuff. Ever. Understood?" I said, glaring at her fiercely. I needed her to be afraid of me if I wanted her to listen.

"I understand." she said. "But I have one rule of my own. You can't smoke your loot in our room." she said, biting her lip anxiously. I think she thought I would hit her for saying that.

"Deal. Now, I'm going to go, to do some private things. If you so much as poke my laptop screen, I will kick you out of this room... and then frame you for theft. And trust me, I will find out if you snoop around." I announced, watching her carefully while walking backwards. 

I turned around to walk out, and slammed my head on the door sill, which completely ruined my tough girl effect...

"Aw shit. I'm okay...!" I pronounced, clutching my forehead and eyeing the door menacingly. Finally, I sashayed out sassily, slamming the door behind me. 

A/N: Hey. 1.6K dudes! Anyways, sorry for the late chapter. I had to study for this exam I had today. It was really good, BTW! I think I got a good grade! Anyways, I'm also sorry for this crappy chapter...I wrote it in a hurry, and didn't exactly get to brainstorm either. The next one will be better [hopefully]. So vote and comment, and vote and comment because I love it when you guys vote and comment. Okay, bye. Sorry again. 

P.S: I really hate this chapter, but I don't know how to write so I'm just gonna keep it like this.

P.P.S: Things are about to heat up! YAY!!! 

- Mia :*