Chapter Twelve

<3: Dedicated to my homegirl Megan, because she forced me to start posting this on Wattpad...

Chapter Twelve: 

"Oh God. Gym was SO tiring this time! I'm so glad Winter Break starts tomorrow!" Sylvia announced, bursting into the room and dumping her books on my desk.

I rolled my eyes at her, nodding to affirm my 'gladness' about the start of Winter Break. 

"I'm going back home to Michigan for a week, and then my uncle is taking us to his beach house in Cape Cod for a while, but we're going to be in New York for New Years Eve and a few days before that. Isn't that awesome?! Where are you going?" she ranted, smiling at me excitedly.

"Oh me? I'm just going back home in Canada for the break. You know, just to chill with my family and my old friends." I lied, smiling at her convincingly. She bought it easily.

"Cool. But not as cool as my plan!" she uttered, running over to stare at the pictures on my wall again. 

"Well, not everybody can be as spoiled as you, Sylvia." I teased, taking a sip of the lemonade I stole from the kitchens. 

"Who is this hottie again? I keep forgetting his name." she asked, tracing a picture of me and Aiden. I remembered the moment like just yesterday. It was midnight, we were both dressed like basic hipsters, and he was higher than Cloud Nine.

"Aiden Cavanaugh." I muttered. 

"He's so hot and he looks like such a bad boy! Why can't I meet guys like that? Where did you meet him?!" she said, sighing dreamily.

I looked at her weirdly, but couldn't help but laugh as I remembered how I actually met him.

It was a summer four years ago, and I was attending ballet classes at Raphriel Center. His aunt was the teacher.

And she forced him to attend the lessons and help the ballerinas. We were both 7th grade badasses with reputations to protect, so we made a pact to keep these lessons a secret forever. Nobody knows to this day.

Good thing we never went to the same school.

"Oh, I met him while watching a street-fight." I said, waving my hand around absentmindedly. She hopped up and down in response.

"Awesome! Hey, you know what I heard today?! Jolene told me Mr.Martin was having a steamy affair with Dolly! Isn't that SO cool!" she said, accidentally shoving me off my bed while tackling me.

"You know, if you want to switch beds just tell me...I don't really care. And Mr.Martin's affair with Dolly is old news. Everyone knows. But it's not cool, it's illegal. Okay?" I said, standing and throwing myself on Sylvia's bed.

"I know it's illegal, but Mr.Martin is so hot... and I heard he has a six-pack too. Lucky Dolly." she sighed. I rolled my eyes and ignored her.

She stomped around our room and threw open her closet.

"Ugh! I don't know what to pack! Aren't you going to start packing?" she asked, rifling through her clothes.

"Uh...I already finished packing. Slacker." I lied, laughing uncomfortably.

"You're so cute. I don't know why you're mean to everyone else, but I'm glad we're friends." she declared, smiling sweetly. 

I smiled at her, wishing I could go to a loving family for Christmas like she was. Unfortunately, I would be staying at school for the entirety of Winter Break. Three weeks of pure torture and loneliness. 

I wish I was on speaking terms with my family... I wish they forgave me for getting arrested again. And most of all, I wish I was never born.

A/N: Chapter TWELVE!!! YAHOO! 2000 reads, 154 votes, and 59 comments!!! YAYYYYYYYY! This is the most I've ever gotten! And I just wanna thank you all for voting and commenting! It really makes my day guys. SO please, vote and comment! I just love it when you guys do! Vote and Comment! Do it NOW!

P.S: Do you like the new cover? PM me if you like the old one better, and I'll put that one back on.