Greater that the wariness was the fear, what if he screwed up again? Could he bear hurting another pure soul and live with himself?

But then there was this thing he had learned from Onika. Don't let your fears hold you back. Get over them, fight them, don't let it pull you back. Move on.

When Jacob took him to the orphanage and his eyes laid on the adorable four year old girl with little hands and feet, curly hair, and chubby cheeks, with aquamarine blue eyes, same colour as that of Onika's. He felt an instant pull towards her.

And now two years later he was still not sure if he deserved her, but he did know one thing, he loved her to death.

Though not a day went by when he didn't think of Onika, but it was bearable now. Limited to praying for her happiness wherever she was.

"Daddy I won again!" He was brought back to reality as he saw Iris running towards him, squealing with happiness, followed by an agitated Jacob.

"You cheated!" Jacob exclaimed, throwing his hands in air in irritation.

Ignoring Jacob, Iris launched at Agustin as he got down on his knees and hugged her little head close to his heart.

"That's my little girl!" He praised her, patting her back.

"I want another game!" Jacob shouted.

Iris just shrugged and said, "Uncle Jack, you need to accept your defeated. No matter how many times we play you always loose." She pointed out, holding her chin high.

"That is not true, Princess. I did win the game we played last to last time." He stated as-a-matter-of factly.

A look of confusion marred the little girl's features as she turned her face towards Agustin and asked, "I can't remember what Uncle Jack is talking about, can you Daddy?"

Agustin tapped his chin pretending to recall, enjoying the moment, it's not everyday Jacob and Iris fought.

Usually Jacob and Iris will side together, leaving him all jealous in everything they do, 'So he might even make the most of it till the opportunity lasts.' Agustin thought wickedly.

"No sweetheart, I can't either." He finally replied beaming at Jacob, trying hard to control his laughter at the death glare Jacob threw his way.

"Traitors!" Jacob muttered under his breath and went out of the room slamming the door behind him.

"Uncle Jack is such a child!" Iris exclaimed shaking her head.

That's it. Agustin burst out into a fit of laughter not being able to hold anymore, followed by Iris' soft giggles.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Onika's POV.....

I walked into the amusement park, with Alex tugging at my hand to make me walk faster, squealing in excitement, we walked towards the play area. Kids were laughing, running here and there, chasing each other.

I come here with Alex every evening, it's one of my favourite time of the day. I will just watch Alex play and giggle with the other kids, sitting at a corner of the park, with the cold breeze soothing my mind, washing away the tiredness of the exhausting day.