53- Too Easy.

I may have to re-publish the chapter again, as some of the readers can't see it, sorry for the inconvenience, but blame it on wattpad.😅😅

Enjoy!

***************

Onika's POV......

A day before I would never have imagined I would be standing on a terrace of an extravagant hotel in Los Vagus. But here I am. I have never seen something like this, it's simply..... breath taking.

I looked at the view infront of me, completely awestruck. Millions of lights dazzling infront of my eyes, like tiny stars on earth, cold breeze blowing past my face in a complete bliss, I just lost myself in the view.

It was then I realized, I was smiling, and it's that kind of smile which makes your cheeks hurt but you just can't help it.

I shuddered at the realisation, a bit taken aback by my own reaction. I always have to put this fake smile infront of people, that will just go away as soon as they avert their gaze, I have lost count since how long it has been like that....since how many years. It became a part of who I am. A constant.

But at this very moment I don't have to pretend, because I actually am happy, there is no pretending. It's like there is an aura of peace surrounding me, which will keep my demons away.

I felt someone's intense gaze on me.

I crooked my head a little to the side to look at Jacob, to find him looking intently at me, in a way that can make anyone's heart flutter.

"It's beautiful." I said.

"I agree.... beautiful." He repeated, his eyes never leaving mine.

He always has this glint in his gaze which can make you feel as if he can look directly into your soul, no matter how hard I try to keep my guards high.

"So you come here often? The way the staffs were treating you, looks like you are their important client." I asked, he just gave me a sheepish look.

"Don't tell me you are the owner?" I asked incredulously.

"You can say that, actually It was my grandfather's, I got it in inheritance."

"You were really close to your grand parents, weren't you?" I asked carefully.

"I was more close to my grandparents then I will ever be to my own parents..." He said, a bitter expression taking over his expressions.

How strange is this world, some doesn't have any family and those who have aren't happy either. Nothing defines happiness, or maybe it's not the relationship but the person you are in relationship with is what defines it.

Not knowing what to do, I squeezed his hands gently to offer comfort.

I could see the turmoil of various emotions in his eyes, I gulped the saliva down my throat. He suddenly averted his gaze away from me, as if trying hard to hide the trouble he is going through...not wanting me to see it.

It was silent for a few minutes. I was internally cursing myself for ruining the moment, when he suddenly spoke.

"Do you want to hear a story Onika?" His eyes still trained forwards, refusing to meet my gaze, in an attempt to hide his vulnerability.

I took a shaky breath and took a step backwards, as if struck. I still remember the story of the caged bird he told me, and I can't help but note the similarities between the caged bird and me.

So when he asked me if I want to hear a story, I knew something big was coming, and I think I have an idea of what it is. Before I can take another step back he caught my wrist, his hold was firm, yet gentle.