6- Please, Not Him.

Onika's POV...

Finally, it's Sunday! I just love Sundays. Well who doesn't?!

Firstly, I don't have to go to the office, which means no Theodore, and more importantly, it's the only day I get to spend time with Alex. I gave Shira the day off so that I can spend some time with Alex alone.

He is one hell of a naughty child. Right now I am running behind him with a food bowl in my hand.

He gave me a sinister smile and started running away, tripping on his steps every now and then.

"You love giving mummy a chase, don't you?" I asked playfully.

"Let me catch you once, then you will have to finish the whole bowl, I am not gonna have any of your tantrums today." Saying that I started running behind him deliberately slow to give him a false sense of victory, bringing a bright smile on his face.

As I was about to catch him. . . Everything happened so fast, just in a blink of the eye. He collided with the wall with full force, his eyes were on me and he didn't see the wall in front of him and before I could stop him, or even realise what was happening it was too late. I ran towards him, feeling my whole world turn upside down.

I took him on my lap, he won't open his eyes and started bleeding through nose.

I immediately rushed towards the nearest Hospital, fighting against the paralyzing fear.

The doctors admitted him urgently and after asking a few questions told me to wait outside, till they run few scans and tests to come to the diagnosis

'God, please not him, not him. I can't lose him. Please, any thing but this.' I kept chanting. Tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

I had no idea what happened all of a sudden, I just sat there completely clueless. It was just a minor trauma babies of his age surely go through this type of trauma everyday and recover. Then what's happening to him?

I was waiting outside for nearly half an hour with my fingers crossed and heart beating furiously. No, nothing is going to happen to him, it's just a minor trauma the doctor will come out any moment and inform me he is fine and I can take him home. That's it.

Finally the doctor came out and I rushed to him.

"Miss. Onika Coulin you the Mother of the child, right?"

"Y--Yes Sir, what happend, will he be alright." I asked, my voice shaking with fear. I was holding my breath.

"Miss. Onika did he suffered from some short of viral illness recently?" The doctor asked.

"Yes, around two weeks ago, I took him to the pediatrician, who gave him some medication and said that he will be alright and there is nothing to w-wo-worry" I replied.

"I am afraid Miss. Onika, but in few unfortunate children autoantibodies against platelets develop soon after a viral illness. These autoantibodies attacks the platelets decreasing it's count considerably, the condition is known as acute ITP.

Generally it is a self limiting condition which heals spontaneously but the child during this period is prone to bleeding during this span. And even a small injury can lead to excessive bleeding and which is the case here.

"The CT scan results show that he is bleeding internally and a big hematoma has formed on the left side of his brain which is compromising the blood supply of that side of the brain. We immidiatly need to perform a brain surgery, before the clot does any permanent damage."

"Please do anything to save him. Don't let anything to happen to him..." By now I started sobbing hysterically.

I felt as if my whole world has come to a stop. I found it hard to breath. This can't be happening I just wish this is one of my nightmares but I know it is not and I need to compose my self I can't let this happen . I won't let this happen. No one can snatch Alex from me.