Cedric// I'll Be Right Back

Your POV
"Potter stinks!" Someone shouts behind us. Harry turns around and gives me an annoyed look.

"They've been wearing those everywhere," he says solemnly.

"Well at least you don't have Malfoy breathing down your neck now," I comment, trying to be helpful.

"Those stupid pins seem to be doing his job just fine".

"Harry," I pull his arm to make him stop walking, "I asked Cedric to make them stop wearing it. He said they won't listen".

"It's not his fault. Ron and Hermione won't even look at me now either. I don't blame them".

"You've done nothing wrong, Harry. Someone must have put your name in. I don't know why no one else sees that". Harry continues walking when he's suddenly grabbed. "Harry?" When I round the corner, I see all the Triwizard champions in a group.

"Y/N," Cedric breathes out with relief, wrapping an arm around me securely. "Thank Godrich you're here".

"What's going on?"

Before Cedric can respond, a small middle-aged woman with curled, blonde hair yanks him into her side.

"Handsome boy, perfectly... of average girl. How'd your young romance begin?" she says in a nasally voice.

"Pardon me?" I spit out, stepping forward but harry stops me.

"Question: how worried are you about losing your beloved boyfriend to one of those gorgeous upperclassmen?" Her pen flicks out in front of my face. Cedric's face flashes with shock and disbelief.

"Get your stupid quill out of Y/N's face before I break it"

"Well then, aren't you a randy big boy," she mutters, grabbing Harry's arm and dragging him away.

"Help," Harry mouthes to me as they disappear out of view.

The room quiets and Fleur's beautiful laugh fills the silence. "She is not well, no?"

"I don't suppose that she is," Cedric replies with a flustered smile. My stomach turns at the brief interaction and I excuse myself quietly. "Y/N-"

"I'm fine, Cedric. I just need a moment to myself".

"She's a load of bollocks. We're gonna be fine," he says before walking back to the others.

...
"Are you ready?" I ask him, placing my hand over his.

"As ready as I'll ever be. Sleep in my bed tonight, will you?"

"I can't. I got in trouble with Percy last time".

"That's just cause he's jealous that he can't have you," Cedric growls.

"I should go," I mumble, rising from the bed.

"You've been acting strange. This isn't about what that daft journalist was saying, right?"

"No. I just. I know you're excited to do this, but I have a bad feeling. I really don't want you to go to the maze tomorrow, Cedric".

"Y/N, I swear nothing will go wrong. I'm gonna get that trophy, we're gonna go attend the closing ceremony together and live happily ever aft-"

"Please, just don't," I persist, touching his arm.

"I'm gonna be fine," he replies, cradling me in his arms. When I look up, I see a tear falling down his face.

"You're crying," is state.

"You make me happy".

...
"Harry!" I cry out, running towards him.

"Y/N, where's Cedric gone?"

"He's with some fangirls," I reply, nodding my head towards the group of girls surrounding him.

"I'm nervous," Harry whispers.

"Me too, and I'm not even in it. I've been getting this really-"

"Bad feeling," Harry finished for me. "I woke up with it too".

"It's gonna be okay, won't it?" I question, but my voice comes out in more of a plea.

"C'mere," Harry smiles, holding his arms open for me. I sigh as I relax into his warm embrace. "Dumbledore won't let anything happen to us".

"Mind if I steal my girlfriend away?" Cedric's angered voice says from behind us. Harry's arms drop from around my shoulders as I face Cedric.

"You alright?"

"Yeah. I just still have this really bad feeling, Cedric".

"Please stop with that. I told you-"

"I know what you said. But I still have it and I love you, so I'm sorry but I'm gonna have it as long as you're in there". Cedric's grim face scans over mine intensely.

 Cedric's grim face scans over mine intensely

"I love you, Y/N". A sound rings out and we turn to see Dumbledore with his wand pressed to his throat.

"Triwizard champions. Come to the maze entrance, please".

"I'll see you real soon, my love," Cedric breathes out, kissing my lips so lightly that I wondered if they'd even been there. As he walks to the maze he gives his father a hug and turns towards me, nodding his head reassuringly.

 As he walks to the maze he gives his father a hug and turns towards me, nodding his head reassuringly

...

I never saw my beloved Cedric Diggory again.