Cedric// We'll Always Be Friends

Your POV

"Cedric, can I speak to you for a moment?" I pull him away from his other friends and take a shaky breath.

"What's on your mind then, Y/L/N?"

"I-we've been friends for quite a while and, erm, I suppose I've begun to feel this new way about you".

"You don't want to be my friend anymore? Whatever I've done to upset you, I can make it right. I promise," he replies in a desperate voice.

"No, that's not exactly what I meant. I think I fancy you," I blurt out. Cedric turns his head to look at his friends nervously, before turning his gaze back to me.

"Blimey, Y/N. I've kind of started dating Cho. I'm really sorry," he states, trying to catch my eyes. "I've always considered us to be really good friends. I want to continue to be that if that's okay".

Tears start to pool in my eyes and it feels as though the whole world is staring at me. "Y-yeah. I should um, go".

"Stay with me. We could sneak out to Hogesmeade," he suggests, trying to be friendly.

"I can't," I insist. Cedric once again tries to make me look at him but I turn my head. "I should get to class".

"But it's break- Y/N, there aren't any classes going on!" he yells as I continue to walk away. Turning towards him, I send him one last broken smile.

"I know".

(Three Months Later)

"Ron, stop it!" I shriek, pushing his hands away from me.

"What, I though you liked getting tickled?" he declares with an innocent look on his face.

"No one actually likes getting tickled".

"I do," Ron responds with a toothy grin.

"We'll see about that!" I yell and chase him through the dark corridors.

SMACK!

"Sorry," I apologize, rising to my feet to help up the person I'd practically trampled.

"Don't worry about it. Y/N?" I meet the surprised face of Cedric and my heart momentarily seems to stop. "I haven't seen you in how long?"

"Not sure, really. It's been a while". I help him up and once again feel fragile in his presence.

"I'm sure you've heard about Cho and I..." he trails off. I nod my head and take a couple steps back. He quickly makes up for the increased distance, stepping closer as he whispers breathily, "I miss you, Y/N".

"Cedric, I'm-"

"Y/N, where the bloody hell did you go?" Ron says loudly, running around a corner. He stops and notices me and Cedric. "Hello, mate. What brings you to these parts?" he jokes, greeting Cedric and kissing my cheek.

"Are you two..." Cedric mumbles, ignoring Ron.

"Yes". His face seems to break and he looks over at Ron briefly before smiling at me.

 His face seems to break and he looks over at Ron briefly before smiling at me

"I guess I should go. I hear the tournament tomorrow is going to be in a maze," he comments.

"Good luck". I shake Ron off slightly to give Cedric a hug. He wraps his arms around me and kisses my forehead.

"Goodbye, Y/N".