sixteen || together

Somewhere inside the Forest of Gloom on an abandoned building sat a mysterious man on a chair, who seems to be looking at a screen where a girl sat, completely motionless, her red eyes blazing with fire. He smiled slightly at the scene. The door opened and another man came. On his hands were two syringes, both empty.

"Sir, I have finished injecting these to the two," he said.

The other turned around, "Good," he said, smirking.

He turned to his right where a machine stood. It was a long, wide glass tube that connected to another thinner tube that was placed into the girl's arm. A golden, bright liquid flows through it.

'It won't be long till that girl's dead,'

---

As Serena and Clemont ran through the forest, they both have the exact, same thought stuck in their heads: we have to save (Y/N) before it's too late.

As they were running, Clemont suddenly stopped as he fell to his knees, gasping for air as stabbing pains went through his chest. Serena's eyes widened as she watched her friend helplessly. All she could do was stand there in horror until he slowly and shakily stood up, stumbling slightly. Serena caught him quickly and asked, her blue eyes filled with worry. "You all right?" she said. He nodded, and with that, the two kept running only to stop short when they saw an abandoned building. The windows were shattered as vines snaked around the entire place. At this point, it was so dirty that even the grass were slowly turning dirt color from all the trash.

They were all about to enter when they heard an all too familiar voice half-whisper and half-shouy from behind. "What are you guys doing here?! I told you to stay."

The brown haired girl and lemon-blonde haired boy both turned around only to be met by the angry face of Ash Ketchum.

"Well, do you really expect us to leave you all alone here? (Y/N)'s our friend too, you know," Serena said.

"But it's too dangerous," he explained.

Serena and Clemont looked at each other then Serena turned again to Ash. "Well... we are the Golden Trainers, aren't we?"

"The... what?" He asked, clearly confused.

After a long time of explaining, they were both staring at Ash, his eyes wide. "A- Arcues chose u- us?" He stuttered. The two nodded. "Where's Bonnie?"

"Well... after her chest hurt, she collapsed so we figuired we'd leave her," Clemont said. Ash nodded.

"Anyway, come on, let's go save (Y/N)," he said suddenly. Serena and Clemont nodded.

Oh, how little do they know it's not gonna be as easy as last time.

---