six || a walk at the forest

(Y/N)'s POV

Weeks passed and we finally started traveling again. Currently, we're at a forest, setting up our tents. And also, those horrible nightmare eventually stopped, much to my happiness. I was, of course, scared as we are on a forest right now, but with someone special here, I felt more safe. We just finished setting the tents up, when Clemont said, "Guys, can you get some wood? I need it to cook," he said.

Before any of us can say anything, from the corner of my eye, I saw Bonnie smirk at me, and then suddenly pushed me and Ash to the forest. "Ok. Problem solved!"

I blushed instantly, "HEY! I never said-"

"Thanks guys!" She said, heading back to the tent. I gritted my teeth. That little..

"S- should we go now..?" He asked awkwardly.

I suddenly blushed. "Y- yeah.. let's.."

We were both walking at the forest, picking up pieces of wood as we did. A deafening silence fell and we were basically just walking, not daring to say anything. It was so quiet I'm sure that all you could hear was my heart pounding and my shallow breaths. I was freaking out that I nearly tripped and he asked if I was okay which made me even more freaked out.

I was at forest. With my friend. With my crush. With the person I love. Alone. Together.

What are we even doing? We're literally just walking then picking up pieces of wood, not even talking for just a second. A cold wind passed by, making the leaves scatter and my hair flew into the air.

"Um.."

I spoke awkwardly, trying to break the silence. "Uh.. y- yeah..?" He asked.

"Do- do you think this is enough wood?" He looked at the amount of wood we got and smiled, "Yeah, that should be good,"

I looked up at the sky and saw a mixture of yellow and orange, indicating that it was sunset. I smiled at the pretty colors, "Look at the sky. It's really pretty,"

We both stopped walking and looked for a few moment. "Wow.. it is.." he said then mumbled something. "Hm? What did you say?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh.. um.. nothing, c'mon, let's go back," He said, blushing slightly.

"Okay.."

Ash POV

I wanted to say something. Even just a little bit.  We've been walking for about 10 minutes and we literally never talked. Apart from our little 'conversation' earlier, nobody ever spoke. I kept stealing quick glances at her, blushing and instantly looking away.

"Look at the sky. It's really pretty," she said and I stopped walking, looking up.

My eyes widened. Above us were a mixture of yellow and orange, with a hint of pink. It was such a beautuful sight. I never really got to see the sunset as we would be busy eating or trining. But now that I saw it, I never realized that it this beautiful.

"Wow.. it is.." I trailed off, not taking my gaze upon the sky. "But not as beautiful as you.." I mumbled to myself afterwards.

"Hm? What did you say?" She asked curiously. I blushed, "Huh? Oh.. um.. nothing, c'mon, let's go back,"

"Okay.."

As she walked, I smiled behind her. "Nobody and nothing's more beautiful than you, (Y/N).." I whispered, then ran after her.

---