Feng Mian simultaneously said as her hand fiddled with another phone, issuing commands after another. Before she ended the call, Mubai could hear Fei Long's bewildered voice.

"That Gu couple really—"

Mubai felt like he was getting nearer to the truth as his mental gears continued to shift. He was unable to calm himself down waiting for news, so he contacted Denise and Dean as well, causing him even more surprise upon hearing their words.

Denise's baritone voice resounded from the other side. "Nobody can leave D City under my watch. Just keep your cool, Assistant Ye."

"We have heard of the details. Please rest assured, Mr Mubai." Dean followed after, and right after, the call ended. But it was immediately followed after by Fei Long's call.

"Longton Street, 3rd floor, room 35." The call was immediately cut, saving Mubai a few seconds to roar his engine and dash towards the given address.

At the location, snipers were locked from far away, their aim focused towards a point on the building, while disguised armed forces cautiously waited upon the right signal to spring into action. Mubai did not notice them all but he noticed them nevertheless.

His legs hastened up the long and old staircase, slowly realizing that the building had long been abandoned, for there were no clear signs of life in every floor. No sounds in all corners, only the eerie silence and the gale howling across the narrow and dark corridors. There was no working lights, all of them broken as sharp splinters scattered all over the floor.

Mubai gritted his teeth, giving himself one last push for the last staircase towards the third floor. As he ascended, he could vaguely hear aggravated shouting, his heart immediately clenched painfully.

How dare they touch him!!

Mubai was enraged, his heart a swirl of storm. His mind was slowly being overrun by his madness. His ever calm and rationality were both thrown out the window.

Once he reached the 3rd floor, the muffled sounds were even more disturbing. Constant screaming echoed across the dark corridor, coming from room 35. The screams were from the most familiar voice Mubai could recognize. His heart almost stopped as his breathing hitched. He was finding it hard to remain as he was with his gut twisting in pain.

His slender legs swiftly covered the distance and his hand was about to turn the knob when his phone vibrated. He immediately froze and brought his mobile screen under his eyes.

Feng Mian's taciturn message flipped his turmoil.

[Mubai Ye, at a count of 10, break down the door and run to the other end.]

Her words were so cryptic that Mubai found himself calm. If there was a sudden invasion, leave it to the Empress to reign her commanding might! And as per her command, Mubai dutifully counted 1 ~ 10 and kicked the door with all his strength.

The door suddenly being torn down abruptly stopped everyone inside from moving, all heads turned to Mubai who was running towards the line of windows. He couldn't help but briefly scan the room, immediately finding Alexander sprawled on the floor, in a heap of bloody mess. His blood turned cold as his heart fell into anguish. His stomach twisted with pain as his mind swirled with pulsating pain.