𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄. Ms. Operations Manager

Start from the beginning

"Yeah... Mornin' Owen."

"Good morning, kid," he headed for the door, "Now, go freshen up yourself. Breakfast in 10."

After breakfast, both of them had settled outside on the lawn. Owen was working on his bike and Kate sat beside him with the toolbox, curiously watching how he worked and also assisting him sometimes. It was their break day, which meant they did not have a morning schedule with the raptors. Generally, they would have the whole day free, but with the compliance of the velociraptors project authority, they still went for a short training session at the noon even on break days so they would not be out of shape; even a day's break could be enough to have them reluctant to follow up on later as they had seen previously. It was just the morning, so they had enough time to themselves till that.

 It was just the morning, so they had enough time to themselves till that

"Watch out here... Yes, like that... Okay, now, lend me that s—" Owen trailed off looking back while his hands were busy tightening a screw. A car had just pulled over on the road. And a beautiful woman with short, dazzling auburn hair and bold eyes stepped out of the car.

Claire Dearing, the operation manager of Jurassic World park. Also, with some unfortunate turn of events in the past, his ex.

"Here she comes," muttered Owen quickly focusing back on his work. Only Kate heard her and could not but smile, amused since Owen was making it sound as though he dreaded her which was not the case at all and she knew it very well. She gave a little wave at the approaching woman.

"Hey, Claire!"

"Kate," Claire flashed a brilliant smile, "How are you doing?"

"Great," Kate dropped the tool in the toolbox and rose to her feet, "You good?" Claire simply smiled in response. "What brings you here?" Kate asked quite straightforwardly but with a touch of politeness, looking around from her to Owen. She knew the woman and Owen shared a past.

Claire shrugged, "I've come to ask your brother for a favour. But before that.... I had a favour to ask you, too, Kate."

"Sure," Kate shrugged, "Let me hear it."

"My nephews will be coming today to visit the park, they will be here for a week. I had asked for a leave from work today, I had promised to receive them and give them the first tour but unfortunately, something urgent came up and I won't be able to be there when they'll arrive," Claire said, "I would have let my assistant handle it but she's going to be late today. I really didn't wish to bother you with this task but having no option, I'm kindly asking if you could only  receive them from the terminal? And just take them to the Villa they'll be staying at? I'd really appreciate it a lot, Kate, if you could help me out.... I will try to quickly finish today's tasks and then I can take them from there, perhaps an hour past the noon. What do you say?"

Kate thought for some seconds before answering, "Sure, sounds fun." But then she glanced at her brother, "You don't mind, do you?" She knew Owen was listening.