Friends, Family or Something Else (Nanami's pov.)

"Why were you so stiff when meeting my friends, Kouki?" I chuckled. "You were so quiet!"

"Shut up, Nanami!" Kouki exclaimed, his face flushing. "I didn't know what to say." The three of us were sitting at one of the tables in the dinning hall and were eating dinner. Sneaking away and sneaking back in to the hideout was fine, but when Captain called us to his office, explaining took a beating out of us. Banned to go on missions for a month. Neither of us had that much f an appetite because of our punishment.

"You have good friends, Nanami," Yuno said.

"So do you, Yuno," Kouki said. "You are friends with Klaus Lunette and Mimosa Vermillian!"

"They're not very high in status," Yuno muttered, swishing his soup around. "They're just nobles like the rest of you."

"I'm not a noble," I muttered under my breath.

"Yeah," Kouki said. "We know that. Yuno and you are the only two commoners who Captain have accepted. Yuno's magic is at a very high level for his age, and Nanami... wait, why did Captain recruit you?"

"I don't know," I said. "Maybe because of my two different magics."

"What!?" Kouki exclaimed, standing up. "Two different magics!? How is it possible!?"

"I don't know," I said, standing with my plate. I brought it to the kitchen along with Kouki.

"Can I see?" he asked when we put our dishes in the sink. I gave him a weary smile.

"Sorry," I said. "I'd rather not show off." Kouki nodded.

"My apologies for asking," he said. "What do you think, Yuno?" I glanced at Yuno, who joined us. He stared at me, but then looked away.

"It doesn't matter," he said. "As long as you're strong enough to defeat whatever enemy comes along our way."

"Yuno has a point," Kouki said. "As long as you're prepared to use at least one magic. Just, don't get us all killed during missions."

"Of course," I said, smiling at them.

   "Alright," Kouki said as we headed towards the dorms. "We should all sleep before training tomorrow, since it was interrupted today." He seemed to glare at me and I️ rubbed the back of my head. I️ looked at Yuno who seemed to be looking out in space.

   "Yuno?" I️ asked, waving my hand in front of his face. "Yuno? You've been spacing out a lot since we met my friends. What's the matter?"

   "N-nothing," Yuno said, looking away and walking ahead of us.

   "I'll fill you in," Kouki said. "You saw he guy who was with the Black Bulls?"

   "You mean Asta?" I️ asked.

   "Yeah," Kouki said, starting to catch up with Yuno. "Well Yuno and Asta grew up together. The two of them seemed to be together, together since last year. They're always sending letters to each other every day, unless they're on missions." Just then a gust of wind came from Yuno. We both looked at him.

   "Kouki," he said, trying to keep his voice steady. "Please start minding your own business and stop poking your nose in others."

   "Yes, yes," Kouki said, giving me a small wink. "I'm sorry, Yuno. Well, I'll be off. Good night, you two." He went into his room and I️ walked further down the hall with Yuno.

   "So he told you?" Yuno asked. I️ nodded. "Aren't you grossed out?"

   "I'm alright with it," I️ said. "I️ honestly think Shoji, my friend from Crimson Lion, is homosexual as well."

   "Ahh," Yuno said. "I️ did notice the other Crimson Lion boy staring a lot."

   "Ooh really?" I️ asked and Yuno nodded. "That must be nice." I️ looked out a passing window and sighed, putting my hands behind my head. "I️ feel like a normal teenager when I️ talk to you."

   "Normal?" Yuno asked. "How so?"

   "Just gossiping with you," I️ said. "And talking about our romantic relationships." Yuno smirked.

   "I️ guess you just remind me a little of Asta," Yuno said.

  "Really?" I️ asked, leaning forward and looking at him. His face started getting red.

   "W-well," Yuno avoided my eyes, and stopped walking. "Asta is someone I️ can talk to anytime of the day. I️ can trust him with anything, and he's the thing I️ cherish most."

   "So is he like family?" I️ asked. "Well, wait. You two are together, so you're more than family." Yuno's face got even more red.

   "You're right," Yuno said. "He's more than family now. Two years ago, he was just a very close friend I️ treated like family. But now-"

   "You don't have to share information you don't want to," I️ said, interrupting him. "You can't tell me later. I️ mean, you're my superior who I️ look up to." We stopped in front of my room and stayed silent for a moment.

   "You are a really good friend, Nanami," Yuno said. "I feel like I can tell you anything and you'll keep it a secret." I smiled.

   "I really hope you and Asta cherish the relationship you have," I said, opening the door to my room. "You are very lucky."

   "Thank you, Nanami," Yuno said as the door clicked close. I locked it for the night, and then went over to my desk.

   Three letters.

   One from home, and another from Nozomi.

   And the last from someone from a long time ago.

Nozomi Amachi(16) - Light Magic, Healing Magic - Black Bull

Nanami Amachi(15) - Lightning Magic, Healing Magic, Ice Magic - Golden Dawn

Shoji Yangi(15) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic - Crimson Lion

Asta(16) - ??? - Black Bull

Yuno(16) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic - Golden Dawn

Captain Yami Sukehiro(29) - ??? - Black Bull

Finral Roulacase(22) - Spacial Magic - Black Bull

Hayami Aikyo(15) - Tree Magic, Reinforcement Magic - Black Bull

Luck Voltia(19) - Lighting Magic, Creation Magic - Black Bull

Magna Swing(19) - ??? - Black Bull

Noelle Silva(16) - ??? - Black Bull

Vanessa Enoteca(25) - ??? - Black Bull

Gordon Agrippa(27) - ??? - Black Bull

Gauche Adlai(20) - ??? - Black Bull

Charmy Pappitson(20) - ??? - Black Bull

Grey(25) - ??? - Black Bull

Captain William Vangeance(27) - ??? - Golden Dawn

Keiko Akizawa(15) - Flame Magic, Healing Magic - Crimson Lion

Leopold Vermillion(17) - Fire Magic - Crimson Lion

Kouki Chitose(17) - Water Magic - Golden Dawn