The Top Squad? (Nanami's pov.)

"This is the Golden Dawns' Hideout," Captain William Vangeance said as we landed in front of a small castle like structure.

"Alright," I said. I glanced at Yuno who had flown me here with Captain William.

"You will be put in a squad with this member," Captain William explained, motioning towards Yuno. "You are the only new recruit this year, so I will have another member join you tomorrow. I expect Yuno to take you to your chambers. Farewell for now." Captain William walked away and Yuno sighed.

"Glad he's gone for now," he muttered. "Let's go before he decided to come back and talk some more." I followed Yuno through the castle towards the bedrooms. "Each room has a bathroom and small closet to put your stuff."

"Nice," I said. "It'll be relaxing to have my own space."

"Oh?" Yuno asked, looking at me. "Where did you live before?"

"Just a little beyond the Common Region border," I replied. "Two other people got into the Magic Knights as well."

"I remember," Yuno said. "I almost dropped Asta on you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I said. "It doesn't matter."

"So that older girl is your sister?" Yuno guessed and I nodded. "And what about the boy? Is he related to you?"

"No," I said. "He's just another strong mage from our village. His parents were-" I stopped walking, running towards the nearest window. I looked up at the sky and put my hands together.

"Thank you, Mr. and Mrs. Yangi," I whispered, closing my eyes. "You will always be watching over the three of us, won't you?" I opened my eyes and stared up at the sky.

"Are you alright, Nanami?" Yuno asked.

"Yeah," I said, turning away. "As I was saying, the boy who was with us. His parents were killed last night."

"Oh wow," Yuno said. "How was he able to perform like he did today?"

"I don't know," I said. "I'll write to him as soon as I can."

"Well," Yuno said, stopping at a room. "This is your room, so go right ahead. Conveniently I'm right across the hall. Just give me a shout if you need anything."

"Thanks," I said. I went inside my room and looked around. There was a bed, a desk and two doors to the bathroom and closet. I set my bag down on my bed and sighed. Going over to the desk, I started writing letters. One for Nozomi, another for Shoji and the last for home.

Dear Nozomi,

How's it going? I know it hasn't been long, but I really want to see you again. Yuno, the guy from the city says I might not get my first day off until next month. I want to see the Capital City with you again. Maybe our missions will have us meet. I'll have to train a lot more to show the other members of Golden Dawn I'm worthy of being here. Anyways, I know we don't pray or anything, but thank Shoji's parents for looking out for us from now on. I hope our paths cross in the near future!

Love,

Nanami

"One down, two to go," I said, folding the first letter. I took another piece of paper from the small pile and started writing.

Dear Mom and Dad,

We all did it! Shoji, Nozomi and I made it! I'm with the Golden Dawn, the strongest Magic Knight Squad in the kingdom! Isn't that lucky? Nozomi is with Black Bull and Shoji is with Crimson Lion. Of course, the two will probably talk about it in their letters as well. I hope you two are well, and know that I'm doing my best here as well. There are a ton of strong mages here, and I want to show them I belong here too! I'll try and get home when I get a day off soon.

Love and miss you,

Nanami

I folded that letter and put it next to Nozomi. It was around 10 pm now, so I decided to write Shoji's letter before going to bed.

Hey Shoji!

How's the Crimson Lions? Any good, strong mages in your squad? I know there are a lot of strong mages in mine, so I'll have to train just as hard as the past months. Oh, what about the girls? Any girls surrounding you yet? ;) Maybe you, me and Nozomi can get together next month when I get a day off. Good luck with everything know your parents are always watching over all of us.

Sincerely,

Nanami

With that letter, I folded it and placed it next to Mom and Dad's. Stretching my arms and yawning, I went to wash up for bed. I didn't know what was going to happen in the future, but I hope to see Shoji and Nozomi soon. After taking a short bath, I changed into pajamas and sat by the window. I shut my light off, and could clearly see all the stars. Seeing a shooting star, I closed my eyes and made a wish.

Please let me see Shoji and Nozomi soon.

Nozomi Amachi(16) - Light Magic, Healing Magic - Black Bull

Nanami Amachi(15) - Lightning Magic, Healing Magic, Ice Magic - Golden Dawn

Shoji Yangi(15) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic - Crimson Lion

Asta(16) - ??? - Black Bull

Yuno(16) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic - Golden Dawn

Captain Yami Sukehiro(29) - ??? - Black Bull

Finral Roulacase(22) - Spacial Magic - Black Bull

Hayami Aikyo(15) - Tree Magic, Reinforcement Magic - Black Bull

Luck Voltia(19) - Lighting Magic, Creation Magic - Black Bull

Magna Swing(19) - ??? - Black Bull

Noelle Silva(16) - ??? - Black Bull

Vanessa Enoteca(25) - ??? - Black Bull

Gordon Agrippa(27) - ??? - Black Bull

Gauche Adlai(20) - ??? - Black Bull

Charmy Pappitson(20) - ??? - Black Bull

Grey(25) - ??? - Black Bull

Captain William Vangeance(27) - ??? - Golden Dawn