The Worst Case Scenery (Shoji's pov)

I went back to the Crimson Lions' Hideout with one other new member, Keiko Akizawa who uses Flame Magic and Reinforcement Magic. She didn't fawn over me like the other girls. That pissed me off. Was I not attractive anymore? Or do they just not like me?

I was shown to my room first, and watched as Leopold Vermillion brought the other girl to her room. Did talk to Leopold more than she did with me? Why did Leopold get so-

"No!" I had shouted, running into my room and slamming the door. "I am not gay!"

But of course luck was not in my favor. Leopold was in charge of watching me and Keiko. Keiko was a very enthusiastic person who wanted all the attention... like me. It angered me to see her face. Of course, I was very good at hiding my true feelings, rarely letting them show. Leopold didn't mind either of us, because he too was enthusiastic. He didn't like a lot of attention on himself, but didn't mind Keiko. But then around noontime when I was eating with Leopold and Keiko, I received Nanami's letter.

"What's that?" Keiko asked, leaning over to look at the letter.

"Nothing!" I exclaimed, shoving it into my pocket. "It's nothing."

"We'll then why can't we see it?" Leopold asked.

"Because it's not important," I said, stabbing a potato. "It's just a letter from a friend."

"Ooh," Keiko said. "Lemme see! Lemme see it!" She stood up from across the table and tried to reach into my pocket.

"No!" I said, pushing her away with my hands. That's when Leopold reached into my pocket and snagged the letter. "Leo! Give that back! Leo!"

"What a sweet letter!" Leopold exclaimed, grinning at me. He handed it off to Keiko before I could grab it from him.

"Oooh," she said, reading it. She then handed it to me so I could read it. Snatching it, I looked at Nanami's familiar handwriting.

Hey Shoji!

How's the Crimson Lions? Any good, strong mages in your squad? I know there are a lot of strong mages in mine, so I'll have to train just as hard as the past months. Oh, what about the girls? Any girls surrounding you yet? ;)  Maybe you, me and Nozomi can get together next month when I get a day off. Good luck with everything and know your parents are always watching over all of us.

Sincerely,

Nanami

"So you were surround by girls before?" Keiko asked. "And who's Nozomi and Nanami? Are they family? Or friends? Maybe a girlfriend? Tell us, Shoji!"

"Shut up, Keiko!!" I snapped. I looked at the last line. 'Your parents are always watching over all of us.' I stared at the paper, not wanting to look up at the two.

"Give us a minute," Leopold said to Keiko.

"But Leo-" she whined.

"Don't call me Leo," he said. She made a noise, but I heard her footsteps fade away down a hall. There was a pause before either of us said anything. "What wrong?" Leopold asked me. "That last sentence."

"It's nothing," I muttered, crumpling the letter and shoving it into my pocket.

"Tell me," Leopold demanded. "Shoji. It's my responsibility you are getting training before we start missions. I need to know what happened."

"No you don't!" I shouted, tears forming in my eyes. No. I can't cry. Not now!

"You are not the cool, collected kid from last night and earlier today," he said, trying to look me in the eyes.

"It's not a problem!" I said, getting up and turning to walk away. "I want to go train. Can we?"

"Shoji," Leopold said in a demanding tone. "Just tell me what-"

"My parents were killed the night before the exam!" I shouted. "Is that what you wanted to hear?" A tear rolled down my face as I looked sadly at Leopold. "I have no family. I have no friends. I have no one, Leopold." Leopold didn't answer. He just stared at me. I turned away, wiping my eyes. "What an awful state I'm in, right? I can't deal with this. I want to see them! Nanami! Nozomi!"

"Are they your friends?" Leopold asked me in a soft voice.

"They're kind of like family," I replied. Leopold's shoes came into my view and I looked at him as he pulled me into his arms.

"Consoling a crying boy is not something that was ever on my mind," he said. "But I can make you an acceptation." I felt my cheeks flush. I don't know if it was because of the warmth, or if it was something else.

"Getting consoled by another boy was never on my mind either," I said, putting my arms against Leoplod's back. "But maybe you're different."

"We'll go see your friends," Leopold said, breaking the embrace. "I'll talk to my bro- er I mean, Captain right away."

"But I don't want to be a burden," I said. Leopold shook his head.

"I can convince him to let us out for a few hours," Leopold said. "You letter your friends and tell them to meet in the Capitol City. Find Keiko while you're at it."

"It's alright," Keiko said, coming from a hallway. She held out paper and a pen, smiling softly at me. "I don't mind."

"I'll be back," Leopold said, turning to leave. "Meet back here in 20 minutes!" He ran off, and I took the paper and pen from Keiko. She sat with me as I wrote a short letter to Nanami and Nozomi.

Nozomi Amachi(16) - Light Magic, Healing Magic - Black Bull

Nanami Amachi(15) - Lightning Magic, Healing Magic, Ice Magic - Golden Dawn

Shoji Yangi(15) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic - Crimson Lion

Asta(16) - ??? - Black Bull

Yuno(16) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic - Golden Dawn

Captain Yami Sukehiro(29) - ??? - Black Bull

Finral Roulacase(22) - Spacial Magic - Black Bull

Hayami Aikyo(15) - Tree Magic, Reinforcement Magic - Black Bull

Luck Voltia(19) - Lighting Magic, Creation Magic - Black Bull

Magna Swing(19) - ??? - Black Bull

Noelle Silva(16) - ??? - Black Bull

Vanessa Enoteca(25) - ??? - Black Bull

Gordon Agrippa(27) - ??? - Black Bull

Gauche Adlai(20) - ??? - Black Bull

Charmy Pappitson(20) - ??? - Black Bull

Grey(25) - ??? - Black Bull

Captain William Vangeance(27) - ??? - Golden Dawn

Keiko Akizawa(15) - Flame Magic, Healing Magic - Crimson Lion

Leopold Vermillion(17) - Fire Magic - Crimson Lion