The Perfect Grimoire

April 28th. A day that would change my entire life.

   "Yes!!" I️ exclaimed, running down a hill. "Finally time to get my own grimoire!"

   "What are you doing, dummy!?" someone shouted at me when I️ got to the bottom of the hill. "You'll hurt yourself! What will Mom and Dad do then!?"

   "Calm down, Nozomi!" I️ shouted, running up to her.

   "Don't get cocky just because you're turning 15 today!" she shouted, trying to karate chop me.

   "Nozomi!" I️ exclaimed, dodging and smiling at her. "You know you can't hit me anymore!"

   "Really?" she asked, kicking me in the butt.

   "Ow!!" I️ shouted, jumping up. "That hurt!"

   "Oh please," she scoffed. "I've seen you almost bleed to death once."

   "Shut up," I️ muttered. She laughed and the two of us walked down a dirt path.

   We lived in a small village just beyond the Common Region border. Our village was never bothered by any of the noble families, and they never bothered us. It was peaceful.

Most of us could use simple magic like Metal Creation Magic, or Water Magic. But our parents were the strongest, thereby getting the name village chiefs.

My sister, Nozomi Amachi. Long, spearmint green hair, dark blue eyes and pale skin, she was also a strong spell used in the village. Her magic was Light Magic and Healing Magic. Not to mention she was really good with adults and kids. Nozomi usually wore a simple green dress going a little above her knees. A belt would hold her grimoire at the waist, and her white coat would be trailing behind her.

Then there's me, Nanami Amachi. Medium length mint green hair, dark blue eyes and paler skin than Nozomi, I️ was just turning 15. Mom and Nozomi were going to come with me to get my own grimoire. I️ wore a dark blue dress, just like Nozomi's, but with a normal belt at my waist. I️ wore fingerless black gloves on my hands, and both of us wore short brown boots.

Another kid in our village, the village pretty boy, turned 15 a few days ago. Of course, Dad wanted to have the two of us go together. Our parents knew each other way back, so we were forced to become friends. His name was-

"Nanami!" Nozomi hissed, looking at a young male. Messy chocolate colored hair and bright purple eyes, Shoji Yangi was the village pretty boy. He wore a light shirt with three buttons at the top. Navy blue pants matched his outfit, and a empty grimoire belt hung around his waist. "It's him."

   Nozomi never liked Shoji because he was always picking on me for being "unlady-like." Nozomi would always come to my rescue when we were little. In the resent years, I've been able to take care of him with my Lightning Magic. Of course, I️ didn't have any spells, and he didn't have any spells so our fight never lasted long.

"Eww," I️ muttered, rolling my eyes. Shoji noticed the two of us and smiled, waving.

"Ugh," Nozomi whispered under her breath as he came over.

"Can't wait until we go, Nanami?" he asked.

"I️ can't wait so I️ can fight you!" I️ shouted, throwing a punch at him.

   "Whoa!" he exclaimed, dodging. Swinging his leg under me, he almost succeeded in tripping me. I️ jumped up and then kicked him with both my legs. But before my legs made contact, Shoji threw my backwards with a gust of air.

"That makes 1,284 wins for me and 1,384 for you," he said. "Still 100 behind."

"Damn you!" I️ growled, getting back up. Nozomi stopped me, though. Even if I️ wanted to keep the gap wider than 100, it never worked out.

"It doesn't matter anymore," she said. "You two are getting you're grimoire's today. Behave!"

"Sis?" I️ asked. "But-"

"What's going on?" Mom asked, coming over to us. "Are you three waiting for me?"

"Yes, Mrs. Amachi," Shoji said and the three of us started walking down the path. The nearest Grimoire Tower was in a town called Corsica. It was only a few hours away, and Nozomi entertained us with her Light Magic spells she's been working on.

"We made it!" I️ exclaimed, running over to the tower holding thousands of different grimoires. I️ looked back at Mom, Nozomi and Shoji who were catching up to me.

"Go on, you two," Mom said. "Go on in first." I️ looked at Shoji who smirked at me.

"Whoever-" he started but I️ already leapt up the stairs and ran inside.

"Whoa!" I️ exclaimed, looking around. The entire tower was full of different grimoires. There was a small staircase and balcony directly in front of the doorway. A old man stood there, waiting another few minutes before starting the ceremony. Mom and Nozomi stood on the sidelines, waiting. The doors suddenly closed, and all attention went to the old man.

"Welcome all!!" he exclaimed in a raspy voice. "I'll keep the introductions short. Here today in just a few minutes, all of you will have your cart own grimoire! Now then! Go forth, grimoires!!" Different grimoires started coming off the shelves and floating down towards fellow users. I️ gasped as a glowing turquoise blue one floated in front of me. I️ looked at the pages and saw at least 15 different spells.

"Wow!" I️ exclaimed, putting my hand out and having the binding of the book fall nicely into it. I️ looked over and saw Shoji was surrounded by girls........ and also spotted a grimoire in his hand. He caught me looking at him, and smirked. I️ glared at him, but then turned to look at Mom and Nozomi.

   "What kind of spells are there?" Nozomi asked eargerly.

   "I️ know there are Lightning Magic spells," I️ said, opening it and letting it float by itself. I turned the pages, skimming to see if there was anything else. "A few Healing spells as well." I️ stopped flipping, staring a the book for a moment. Nozomi came to look over my shoulder and gasped.

   "No way..." Nozomi whispered, looking at the latest spell in the book.

   "Mom," I️ asked, turning the book so she could look at it. "Is it possible to have this spell?" Mom gasped, looking at me, and then the book.

   "It shouldn't be possible," she said. "What is this grimoire?"

   "What's the matter?" Shoji asked, coming over and looking at our pale faces. "You look like you've just seen a ghost."

   "Close," I️ said, letting him see my spell.

   "But... how?" he asked. "Is that possible?"

   "I️ don't know," I️ said. "Let's try it when we get home." The four of us left the tower, questions filling our heads.

   Is it possible for a Lighting Magic mage use Ice Magic as well?

Nozomi Amachi(16) - Light Magic, Healing Magic

Nanami Amachi(15) - Lightning Magic, Healing Magic, Ice Magic

Shoji Yangi(15) - Wind Magic, Creation Magic