Suddenly the idea of Annabelle being in the same presence of anyone from that pack made my blood boil and I quickly stood up and started pacing, I was too jittery to be sitting still. "Are you sure that's where her scent came from" I asked. I needed to make sure before I went any further with my plans.

I looked into Xavier's eyes as he nodded his head in a confirming yes.

I growled and punched a hole through the wall closest to me, the idea of my sweet little Annabelle in that pack made my blood boil, goddess knows what she has been through if she came from there.

"There was something else I thought you should know about her too Jax" Xavier said, unfazed by my sudden outburst of anger, being so used to it by now.

"And what is that" I almost growled. I could tell my eyes were swirling gold as my wolf tried to make an appearance, but I pushed him back and focused on what Xavier was trying to tell me.

"When I found Annabelle, when she was in her wolf form, there was something about her that was different. I couldn't quite put my finger on it at the time, but it suddenly dawned on me as I was looking through some of my mum's old history books. No matter what status you have in the pack or your eye colour as a human, your wolf always has golden eyes right?" He didn't wait for me to respond though and just carried on talking "well Annabelle's eyes were different; they were sort of gold but also kind of transparent as well. It's really hard to describe, but I'm sure they were the exact colour of moonstone".

I frowned at him, "Are you sure?" I've never known of a wolf that didn't have golden eyes.

Xavier nodded "positive".

My frown deepened "I wonder what it could mean" I muttered allowed, but before Xavier could respond with anything, we were both interrupted by a scream from upstairs and my stomach dropped as I recognised it as my mate's voice.

I bolted upstairs with Xavier hot on my heels and burst into my room to find my mate thrashing in bed and tangling herself up in the duvet as she was in the middle of a nightmare.

I quickly ran over to her and wiped the tears and sweat from her face as I gently tried to wake her up, hating seeing her in pain.

"Annabelle...Annabelle wake up little mate...I've got you... it's just a dream, it's just a dream" I kept repeating as I carried on stroking her face, hoping to bring her back to me.

Suddenly she bolted upright, screaming.

"Annabelle it's me, calm down...calm down before you hurt yourself". I was doing everything I could think of to get her to calm down, but her mind wasn't registering where she was as she just kept screaming and fighting me, thrashing in my arms.

"No Damon no... get off of me... no please... nooooooo" she screamed and lashed out at me.

It took me a second to realise that her fingernails had turned into claws, but it was a second to late as I felt them dig into my chest, causing four deep claw marks to appear on my chest. I grimaced at the pain but otherwise ignored it as I focused on my mate. It would heal quickly as I'm an Alpha but if she got herself with them she could do some serious damage to herself.

Just then the lights came on and I turned around to find Xavier had flicked them on and was waiting at the door, making sure I was alright and didn't need assistance.

"Annabelle... Annabelle... come back to me. You're here and you're safe, I've got you. I won't let anyone hurt you I promise" I whispered in her ear over and over again as I held her in a tight hug, ignoring the sting on my chest as the weight of her body pressed into my wounds.

"J-Jax?" She finally stuttered and I sighed in relief.

"Yeah it's me, I've got you" I repeated and help onto her tighter, if that was even possible.

She had stopped struggling as she lay in my arms, and after a few minutes she had calmed down enough for her breathing to somewhat go back to normal.

"Xavier could you get her some water and the medical kit from the kitchen please?"

"Sure, need me to get the doctor or have you got it from here?"

I shook my head knowing he could still see me from the doorway, "I got it thanks".

"Annabelle are you okay?" I whispered, afraid that my voice might trigger her panic again.

She stiffened for a second before relaxing and nodding her head slowly but otherwise remained silent.

"Want to talk about it?" I asked as I brushed her sweat soaked hair from off her face.

She just shook her head and buried herself deeper into my neck.

"Everything you need is outside your room Alpha, I didn't want to come in just in case she got scared again".

"Thanks Xavier, you are dismissed".

"Alpha" he replied as I heard him walk down the stairs and close the front door.

So there's the next chapter... I hope you like!

Are you liking where it is going so far? Remember to VOTE, COMMENT, SHARE and FOLLOW me!!

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Today I would like to bring your attention to this story...
A woman's best friend by @BetweenProjects

The Alpha and his Mateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें