The legs of the chair screeched next to me. As they sat down, the presence they had sent chills down my spine. I shifted uncomfortably in the seat. Who could be that intimidating that it's radiating off of them?

I sat up, a gasp escaped my lips. The one and only Jaxon Falls. A crooked smile plastered on his face and his eyes filled with amusement. I'm surprised he isn't hating me after I was talking about him earlier. Maybe he didn't hear me after all.

I snapped out of my shock and gave him my hardest glare. "Why are you sitting next to me?" It had to be some kind of joke, didn't it? There was no way I would be partners with Jaxon Falls.

He nodded his head towards the front of the classroom and I looked at the blackboard. I frowned, seeing the names Kimora Woods and Jaxon Falls written in white chalk next to each other. Out of all people I was partnered with, it just had to be him.

I faced back to him. His eyes met mine and he smiled. "Glad I'm partnered with you." 

I snorted. "I'm not working with you."

"Well, that hurt." He pouted like a child.

"I'm going to work on this project alone," I told him. "So I suggest you find another partner." I smiled innocently. There was no way I was going to work on a project with him. 

"Do you even know what to do for the project, Sleeping Beauty?" My smile fell and he smirked at my defeat. "I thought so."

"I don't want to work with someone like you." He didn't even seem fazed by my insult. He just kept smirking. What is up with him? Is he that condescending?

He rested his head on his hand. "You're so cute." He said lowly. "I like that."

"I'm not cute."

He chuckled. "And you're feisty."

"And you're annoying."

"You love me."

"No, I don't."

He seemed a bit taken aback before he laughed in disbelief. "Everyone loves me, sweetheart."

"Not me." I glared at him. He looked like he was deep in thought for a second before he cleared his throat. 

"Your father must be a thief because he stole all the stars and put them in your eyes." My mouth fell open from shock as he confidently smirked.

Did he really just say that and feel bold about it?

I laughed a bit and shook my head. "My little brother has better pickup lines than you." His smirk fell from his face and didn't say anything so I continued, "Sorry, to break it to you. I just don't like you. I hate you."

His eyes widened in shock before he laughed hysterically drawing attention to us from the rest of the classroom. A few girls and the Queen Bee, Madison were already staring at me with a burning hatred because I was talking to their dream husband. I rolled my eyes, waiting for him to stop laughing and he soon did.

"You're not serious." He chuckled still not believing me.

"I am. Not everyone wants to bow down to you, Falls." I crossed my arms, leaning back in my chair.

He brushed his hair out of his face and smiled. "How can you not like someone you don't know?" His eyes glistened with something I couldn't tell. He was referencing from earlier when I was talking about him.

Okay... maybe he did hear me after all.

I felt so small in this chair now as the guilt came back again. "Sorry..."