Childhood memories

Its been three days since the entire incident that included Jaxon and Jesus has happened. After that day, Sam had changed and no one knew what happened. Sam barely left his room and he didn't talk to anyone. His friends started getting worried due to the lack of talking. Catherine tried talking to call and even go to his house multiple times. It wasn't long for the group to figure out that what ever happened at the mall or even that day he was affected and was barely talking. Sams mom also started to worry she hasn't ever seen him this upset since he was in middle school, but that was 4ish - 5ish years ago.

Sam would sit up against the door so no one would come in. He would wear headphones and listen to music. When ever he was sad he would play "The Front Porch Step" or his playlist of sad songs he made for when ever he was sad. The only person who he talk to was his mom but even that he was very shorts with his words and still didn't say much. Sam mom worried a lot and she had to do whats best so she called Sams dad. Sams dad agreed to come over, and he also was gonna bring Sams childhood friend. Back when Sam was 5 he had a friend name Sky and he was very close to her. Besides Sam parents she is the only friend who knows that Sam is trans. She was there when Sam first went to the doctor to get prescribed "T". She was very close to him but even though she was close to him she lived 3 hours away. After Sam moved to another city to start over again he left her behind and they only see each other once or twice a year.

Once Sams dad heard about Sams depression he called Sky dad to ask if he could pick Sky up so she could see Sam. Sky's dad said yes and the next day Sams dad picked her up. They had a long ride before they arrived at Sams house. When Sams mom invited them in it was quiet. The only thing to be heard is the background noises of the television. Sam was sitting on his bed, in the dark. Sky opens the door and when Sam saw who it was he broke his stance and hugged her. She hugs him back and Sams dad walked in behind them.

"I've heard you been missing school" Sams dad said to him walking towards Sam for a hug. "Do you want to talk about it?" he continued. Sam looked down his thoughts were everywhere he couldn't believe that out of all people it was Jesus. He just couldn't think anymore which made him really depressed. Sam got enough guts to say something. "I'd rather not" Sam then plops him self in his bed. "I'm just tired" he said. When ever Sam says he tired hes think of doing stupid stuff and he sees no future. Sky looked right passed his eyes. "Nope, not gonna happen. Your coming with me. No if's, ands, buts, or or's about it. Do i make myself clears?" she says to Sam grabbing his hand. If there was one person who opened up Sam it was her. He trusted her a lot and he watch over her to keep her safe. Sams dad looked at her a bit confused on what she had planned. "Can we get a ride to a park?" Sky asked Sams father.

Sams dad caught on what she was doing but Sam didn't. Sams dad agreed and he drop them off at the park. School was in so no one was out there really. Sam and Sky sat on the swings together. It was silent and they sat there more than swing. Sky looked down and smiled. All Sky could do was think about how they would hang out together when they were little. "Hey Sam" she calls out in a shakey tone of voice as if shes about to cry. "Remember when we were kids and we played freeze tag together? Or when we run round and played the floor is lava? or or when we played our made u-up g-game? I miss th-those ti--" Sky says without crying then a tears started to form. Sam got off of the swings and hug her. He then backs away and pokes Sky. "Tag your it." Sam says running away towards the play-set. Sky smiled and started chasing Sam. After playing tag for a bit they stop and started walking. "Theres a smile i missed seeing" Sky says to Sam. It was the first time Sam smiled since the Jaxon thing. They both then walked to an ice cream shop to buy ice cream. Sam got double chocolate ice cream and Sky order mint chocolate chip ice cream. Things didn't change very much for them they both always chose that flavors since there were kids. After hanging with Sky for a while the sun began to go down and Sams father decided to pick them up and take them both out for dinner.

Sam opens up to his father about what happened and him and his father had a "manly" discussion about crushes. In the end Sams father once again made everything feel better and gave him confidence. Sams father drop him off at his house at the end of the night and took Sky home. Sam thinks he has gain strength to go to school.

The next morning Sam wakes up by his mother lightly tapping him. "Hey hun I'm going to work today do you want me to give you a ride to school? That's if you want to go." she asks him in a soft tone. Sam said yes and got dress quickly. His heart started pounding faster and faster til he reached school grounds that's when he felt his heart stop. Its was just like those heart monitors at the hospital signing is your dead or not. Sam pushed all his fear away and saw his friends. Catherine was the first to greet him with a hug then Ryan and John. When Sam was walking to second period he stopped by Ethan. "You okay bro?" he asked. Ethan may not talk to Sam very much but he gets very worried about him all the time. "yeah im fine" Sam replies back. The bell rung which signify that they were late so they ran together to there second period. After a couple hours it was lunch. John, Ryan, and Catherine told him to eat with them at a certain place. Sam went along and did but on the way there he sees Jaxon and Jesus behind him. Sam glances before taken his bag and he run out of the school. Junior and Seniors where allowed to allowed to leave campus during lunch. Sam ran home and went to his room. He had so much anger in him. Ethan saw him running and knew he wasn't leaving for fun so he followed him to him house. Ethan stopped at the door. "Sam" he says. Sam didn't reply so Ethan walked in and already assumed that he was in his own room. "Sam" he calls out again hoping for an answer. Soon enough he got one "go away" Sam says in tears.

Ethan walks in despite what Sams says. "Hey buddy, whats up?" Ethan asked in a low tone of the voice. Sam didn't answer and just looked away. Ethan sighed and started to think. With Sam refusing to talk and Ethan thinking there was a long period of silence.

"I have a crush on Jaxon...and i found out some things..." Sam then speaks up. He takes a breath then sighs. "I have no chance on ever getting with him." Ethan looks up at Sam but didn't bother to ask what he found out. Ethan decided to talk to him and told him it'll be okay. Ethan soon leaves but before he did he told Sam to go to school and he would stick by him. Sam agreed and Ethan left him so he can get back to school before next period started. When Ethan arrived he walked up to Ryan. Him and Ryan shared a class together. As Ethan approached Ryan the teacher arrived. "Seats everyone" he says. Before Ethan went to his seat he asked if Ryan would message him. About 15 minutes into class Ryan finally messaged Ethan. 'Hey, whats up? Do you know whats going on with Sam?' Ryan messaged Ethan. Ethan got the message and looked around to make sure the teacher wasn't looking he replied 'Yes i do know whats going on with Sam and that's why i asked you to message me. I need you to do a favor. Can you and John meet at my place after school?' When Ryan got that message he didn't reply but instead messaged John to meet him at Ethan's after school. It took a second for John to reply but he did with a yes.

'Yes, me and John will meet you at your place after school. So now can i get back to learning?' Ryan then replies. Ryan really does his learning seriously. Ethan smiled when he received the messaged. Ethan had a plan.