Chapter 16

Samuel sobbed for hours, until it was the middle of the day. Then he slowly raised his head off of his knees, sighing heavily. He stood up, deciding to occupy his mind to not think of what happened that morning.

"I'll pack for my return to Britain, I guess. That way, when the ship arrives, I can be ready." He talked to himself, thinking he must look insane to anyone who could see him in the window.

Slowly, he walked around the room and packed up his stuff. His favourite mug, which had a painting of a cat on it, was wrapped in newspaper and placed in his shoulder-bag. He frowned as he saw the note that Charles had left, and though it was only one simple word on some scrap paper, he felt a twinge of pain and sadness in his heart as he looked at it. Turning away, he walked to the cupboard that he used as a wardrobe, pulling out his clothes, which had been folded neatly and perfectly. Though Charles had folded them for him, since Sam was horrible at folding things.

He packed his clothes into the bag, and looked around. He didn't have anything else to pack. His papers weren't important, and his drawing of the king was tucked safely into a hidden pocket in the bag. He fixed the blankets on the bed, tearfully crumpling up Charles' note and throwing it across the room into the trashcan. He stood by the door, looking at the room. This was the last time he would ever see it.

He found it funny how so much could happen in this room, from him squealing in happiness to him ruining someone's life, and nobody would ever know. Somebody else would stay in this room and not even wonder what happened here.

He opened the door, taking one last look back before shutting it behind him for the very last time.

He jumped down the stairs 3 at a time, dropping off his room key at the front desk and walking into the square, his bag slung over his shoulder. He had a few hours before the boat arrived anyways, so he needed to kill some time. The thought of Charles was still in his mind, but he pushed it to the very back of his thoughts, to dwell on later.

Then, he spotted none other than Alexander Hamilton leaning on a wall, just...standing there. Now would be the perfect time to get revenge by hurting him in some way.

"No." He whispered to himself. He couldn't stoop to his level. Turning away, he walked to a bench and sat down, closing his eyes and dozing off.

He was woken up by the sound of a foghorn. The ship had arrived! He sprang up, running towards the dock with a grin on his face. For the moment, he had forgotten Charles. Hopefully his mind would regress the memories of his mostly likely dead friend, and he would just...forget.

He approached the large ship happily, quickly pulling out one of his letters to show to the guards as proof that he did indeed belong on this boat. He walked towards one of the guards, showing the letter.

"Ah, Mr. Seabury! You get the nicest room on the ship!" The guard exclaimed excitedly, briefly talking to another guard before leading Sam onto the ship, and through the floors until he reached the 3rd floor. He opened a door, gesturing to it with one hand and bowing lightly. Sam was surprised by this, considering he was usually treated like dirt. Being treated like he was important was a nice change.

"Th-thank you, sir!" Samuel chirped happily, smiling brightly and heading into his temporary room. It had a stunning red carpet, with intricate yellow designs. The bed had the nicest blanket Samuel had ever seen, and he immediately ran and flopped onto it. A paper crinkled underneath him and he rolled over, revealing a now-crumpled sheet of paper.

Dear Samuel,

This is the nicest room on the whole ship, fit for a prince, which is what it's technically made for. If you need anything, just ask the guards. I hope your trip is safe and comfortable.

Love,
Your king,
George Frederick

Sam squealed, hugging the letter to his chest, grinning. He was finally going to meet the king, and everything would be alright!

This time, things were really going to work out okay.

For now.

A/N: I hate this chapter so much it's just filler because I have the next little story arc in my head for when Sammy and the king reunite wowie