Chapter 4

A/N: Sorry for breaking my daily Post schedule!! Also it's my birthday yeet. And I'm feeling kinda sad so have a sad-ish chapter. This is also where the story kind of stops relying on history and the musical and kind of becomes more of an AU thing.

King George woke up, sitting straight up in his bed. He immediately began to sob, putting his head in his hands and curling into a ball as he recounted his dream. Well, it couldn't be called a dream. It had felt incredibly real, and he had never had a nightmare that vivid and believable.

"Your majesty, there's a letter for you, from America." One of his servants said, standing in the doorway.

"It's from Samuel Seabury, I'll read it later."

"No it's not, sir."

George looked up from his work for a second curiously. "Could you read it?" He asked. The servant nodded, carefully opening the letter.

"On Saturday the third, Samuel Seabury was killed in a duel against Alexander Hamilton, who did not agree with Samuel's loyalist ideals," The servant paused, looking down at his feet, "I-I'm so sorry, your majesty. I know how much he-" The servant was cut off by George getting up and slamming the door.

"I have so much work to do."

George sobbed into his hands, unable to get the thought out of his head, what if Samuel had been killed, and he didn't find out until later? George knew what they did to loyalists in America. And as he thought about this, he realized something.

"Who's Alexander Hamilton?" He whispered out loud into the darkness of his room. He had never heard that name before, where did it come from? He had heard myths of people having dreams that actually predict the future. And as he had that thought, his mind began to race.

What if this was some sort of vision to the future? What if Sam did get in a duel? But the question that bothered the king the most was;

Why did he care?

After all, Sam was just a subject. He was incredibly skilled, and smart, he had to admit. But something else about him seemed to make him special.

Oh. Wait.

King George suddenly remembered all of the rumors, the things he heard whispered in the square if he went out for a walk. Things written in newspaper articles that he always heard about from his servants, but never read. Of course people would start the rumors. The king hadn't married, showed no interest in hosting dances for fair ladies from other kingdoms.

Rumors said that the king was gay.

And now he feared the rumors may be true.