Chapter 10

George hadn't done much since he got Sam's letter, other than lay on the floor, only occasionally getting up for food or to use the bathroom.

One of his servants walked in, hesitantly approaching the king, who was curled up on the floor.

"Um...your majesty? There's a letter for you." George didn't even look up. It was probably from another kingdom.

"I'll leave it here, I guess..." The servant muttered, putting the letter on George's head and slowly backing out of the room.

After a few minutes George finally sat up, picking up the letter sadly. His eyes widened when he noticed it was from Sam.

Tearing open the letter, he couldn't help but grin at the fact the Samuel wasn't dead, and he didn't really notice the contents of the letter. He grinned widely, hugging the letter to his chest and falling backwards into the floor, almost squealing in happiness.

Standing up, he skipped across the room happily to his desk, writing a reply to Sam's letter.

My dearest, Samuel Seabury

I could never hate you! I am also incredibly glad that my feelings for you are reciprocated. I'm considering bringing you home to Britain early, since America is incredibly dangerous.

Your King,
George Frederick

George picked up the letter he wrote, folding and creasing it perfectly, and sliding it into a fancy red envelope. He opened his desk drawer, happily picking out a sticker with the royal seal on it for the envelope.

He happily left his room for the first time in days, taking the letter to the mail slot in the main lobby of the castle, where the servants would deliver it to the post office.

He walked to the door, putting his hand on the handle. He almost wanted to go outside, but decided against it. People would probably just whisper about him more. Heading back to his room, he smiled as he saw the letter from Sam still on his desk, illuminated by a sunbeam.

Things were finally looking up for him.