Chapter 2

A/N: I'm probably gonna alternate between a King George focused chapter, to a Sam focused chapter, just to keep tabs on both of them.

King George sat, staring out the window. He was awaiting a letter from his royal subject, Samuel Seabury, notifying him that the boat arrived in New York without problems.

He felt his heart jump as he considered what could have happened. The boat could've sank, or worse- been stopped at shore, and had the people on it escorted to execution.

He grabbed a piece of paper from nearby, and a quill. Quickly he started to write.

My dearest,

Wait. Why had he written that? Surely it just slipped his mind what he was writing. Yes. That had to be it.

My dearest, Samuel Seabury.

I cannot express in words the excitement I feel while awaiting your letters. For reasons I cannot explain, I find myself missing you. Though you are just one of my ordinary, simple subjects, I feel that we had a stronger connection than we thought.

Sincerely,
Your King,
George Frederick.

He leaned back in his chair, and realized that the paper had a few tear stains on it. Had he been crying? No, surely not! That would be ridiculous, crying over a subject.

His sweet, submissive subject.
His loyal, royal subject.

He put his head in his hands, a sob shaking his body. One of his servants watched from the doorway."Your highness, there's a letter for y-" The servant was cut off as George sprung upright, running over and snatching the letter from the servant's hand, quickly thanking him and throwing some money at him as a sort of tip, before closing the door.

Sure enough, the letter was from Samuel Seabury. He became almost giddy as he tore open the envelope, but carefully pulled out the letter. Reading it over, he felt a mix of emotions as he read the different parts. Samuel wrote about his trip, which he apparently slept through most of, and then wrote about the hotel he stayed in.

While the king was happy that his subject was safe, he felt guilty for sending him so far away, to live in horrible conditions like that hotel for six months, maybe longer. He sighed, closing his eyes tightly.

"Why do I feel so bad? He's just a subject. What's so special about him? He just has pale skin, perfect hair...no! Why did I say that, his hair is ugly! It's..." He muttered, trailing off.

This was gonna be a long six months.