Chapter 5

"How's your nose?" It's been two days since the fight. Ethan is getting discharged today, with a recovering broken nose and some stitches.

Hugh survived with an ugly face, but it doesn't matter. His face already was ugly in the first place.

"It doesn't hurt anymore." Ethan glances down at his left hand that's cuffed to the bed.

"Does your nose still looks good?"

"Wow, you're a superficial bitch." He jokes.

"I just want my boyfriend to look good." I blurt, laughing. And suddenly, Ethan goes silent. Hold up, what the fuck did I just say? My cheeks flush with heat and I try to think of something to cover up.

Ethan smirks and he reaches across the bed with his free hand and interlocks his with mine. "I actually find it cute when you get embarrassed."

"I know," I try to smile and act confident, but my thoughts are racing. Did he readily accept that label? We sit in silence for a moment. I know we're both thinking about the kiss.

He shifts his eyes down to my lips and my heart speeds up. I hold my breath as Ethan leans in a little, then he snaps out of it and pulls away.

"Why didn't you just kiss me." I groan.

"You want me to kiss you?" Ethan grins.

"Yeah, I'm a horny kid."

"You're supposed to counsel me, not ask me to kiss you. You're doing a bad job."

"Ugh."

"Since you're my counselor, I'll just tell you about my feelings, okay?"

"Fine." I roll my eyes.

"I've been feeling much happier recently."

"That's great, tell me more." I say in monotone, running my thumb along the side of his hand.

"I think it might be this girl I met. She makes me happy. Being with her is the highlight of my day. I mean, she gives me something to look forward to everyday."

I'm struggling to breathe, but I try to play it cool. "Oh, do you talk to her about your feelings?"

"Yeah. She makes me talk about my feelings and stuff."

"She sounds like an amazing, attractive, intelligent, and sexy individual." I wiggle my brows at him.

"Uh, yeah, she's very beautiful."

"Is she a good kisser?"

"Not really, but I'm able to look past that."

"Hey!" I jolt up from my slouch and smack his shoulder. Ethan bursts into laughter. "Who said I was talking about you?"

"I mean, I assumed because I'm obviously amazing, attractive, intelligent, and sexy. But the kissing part is totally not me. I'm great at kissing."

"Addy, you're gross." He grimaces.

"Okay, if you're not talking about me, then you should introduce me to that special girl." I challenge.

"If I kiss you, will you just shut up already." Ethan pulls me forward so my butt comes off my seat a little and I'm leaning over the hospital bed as my lips collide with his. Our lips move in sync but he's not touching me.

I grasp his hands and lift them to my face, he cups my face hesitantly and gently, handling me as if I were made of glass.

He's still scared of hurting me.