o.

it was the next day and jimin and i have decided when we'd kill the prince. at night when jungkook is asleep, i'd sneak in and jimin would keep watch outside.

i thought about it over and over again, i don't think i'll be able to kill the jungkook. i hesitated about asking jimin if he could kill him instead, but that was hard enough to do already.

the sun was falling and the moon was rising. it was getting closer to the time i'd have to complete my mission. i dreaded every minute jimin talked about the mission.

"ok, so you understand the plan right? explain it back to me," he said as he stared at me.

"while you keep watch outside, i'll finish the mission, and as soon as i complete the mission, we leave immediate back to the academy," i recited back to him.

when on a mission, we were told to only bring stuff that we wouldn't need to bring back, thus being able to leave right after our mission.

jimin and i followed the secret path that we found on the map which allowed us from being seen.

there it was, the door that lead to prince jungkook's room.

i opened the door cautiously, hoping the door wouldn't make any sounds. i entered the room and jimin stood out on guard just like our plan.

i tiptoed towards jungkook who was peacefully sleeping on his silk-covered bed. i kneeled beside him, got ahold of my sword, but i couldn't bring myself to pull it out and wield it at him.

all the memories clearly flooded my mind and made me lose focus. i took my grip off of my sword and very carefully reached out to prince jungkook's face. tears started to swell up in my eyes the longer i looked at him.

"i just had a feeling that i was missing something, and it was you," i whispered very softly, holding back the tears threatening to fall.

there was a long pause before i finally made my decision. i pulled out my sword and nervously point it at his neck.

the sword was shaking in my hands and suddenly i felt weak. looking at jungkook made me feel weak, made me feel as if i was doing something very wrong even though it was part of my job to do this stuff.

"i-i can't do it," i said weakly.

"eunmin, hurry up!" i heard jimin harshly whisper from outside the doors.

i closed my eyes and just as i was about to kill him, i heard the softest voice ask, "eunmin? what are you doing?"

i looked down to see jungkook awake, rubbing his eyes with a confused look.

i dropped my sword and my throat felt like there was something stuck in it. jungkook sat up and looked me in the eye, "eunmin-"

suddenly i felt wet drops falling down and they  started rushing out more. i stumbled back and quickly left the room before anything could happen.

as i bursted through the doors, jimin looked confused as he saw me crying. he looked back into the room to see the prince still alive. i ran back to our room with my eyes still moist. i just wanted to get out of there.

i stopped in my tracks as i saw the councilman in our room; he looked as if he was waiting for jimin and me.

jimin caught up to me and also looked surprised as he saw the councilman.

"so, how did the mission go?" he asked, tapping his fingers against the table slowly.

jimin and i took a seat across from him.

"i...-"

"we failed. it was my fault; we got caught because i wasn't on guard," jimin interrupted me.

the councilman took a very long sigh. "i thought i hired two of the best men in the academy? but it seems as if i was lied to," he grumbled, "if the mission is not complete by tomorrow, i will find your family and kill them off," he threatened.

"jimin, i need you to come back with me to help deal with some problems. eunmin, i will send another man to replace jimins spot," the councilman said before he got up and left.

jimin got up and i followed him. he cupped my face and stroked my cheek. "listen, i'm not sure why you're not able to kill this man, but if we must, we will abandon this mission," jimin said and gave a kiss on my forehead after.

it was the first time jimin did something like this to me and it caught me off guard. i looked down at the ground, unsure of what to say.

"i'll go now. i hope to come back and see a smile on your face okay?"

i nodded at him, still keeping my focus on the ground. he waved goodbye and left with the councilman.

now i was all by myself in the room. the councilman didn't clearly say when the man replacing jimin would come, so i didn't know what to expect.

i sat on the bed and just thought about what happened; the look on jungkook's face very prominent in my mind. it was the look of sadness but with a "i'd do anything to have you back in my arms again" feel.

there's a pang in my chest when i think about it and it's hard to get it off my mind.

i was torn at the options i was given; to either kill jungkook and have my family saved or to save jungkook have my family killed. i couldn't imagine what life would be without the either of them.

i felt like running away, but i knew it would only get jungkook and my family killed.

unedited