s i x t e e n

desi's pov

"desi?" a faint voice spoke through the door. without me speaking, they open the door which was ethan and grayson.

"what happened?" ethan spoke. i couldn't even speak. i teared up and raced to hug him. i feel so safe when im hugging him.

ethan's pov

i hold onto her tight; i dont want to see her in pain.

"its just that," she teared.

"alex broke up with me."

no.

i clenched my jaw so hard.

my knuckles were in a fist, turning white.

my color drained.

"that motherfu-"

"dont beat him up, please" desi grabbed my hand, in pain.

"desi. let go" i removed my hand.

"i just felt like-"

"just stop okay!" i hissed at her. she looked down and ran to her to bed;grayson walked up to comfort her.

i messed up. yay ethan! you made her even worse!

"i'll just go to the bathroom" i sighed.

i looked at the mirror, seeing my reflection. what have you done?

i hate being so high tempered. this all happened when my sister killed herself 4 years ago.

grayson and i used to make youtube videos with her, we were one big happy family.

cameron was one of my biggest inspirations and helped grayson and i make vines.

grayson and i were on backstage on tour, then all of a sudden we recieved a call from our mom.

"ethan, go with grayson. something bad happened to cameron."

then when we went there, we saw two bottles of pills, all empty.

she overdosed.

we couldn't do anything about it.

i guess i wanted everything to have the same pain as me. thats why i become so angry.

~

"he just wanted to protect you, okay?" i heard grayson talking to desi. i stood inside the bathroom to hear more.

"he can't stop talking about you" grayson laughed.

"wait..really?" desi sounded surprised, but still had that tone of crying.

"yeah he does, don't take what he said personal"

"thank you gray."

i flushed the toilet to pretend i was doing something and opened the door. grayson signaled me to stay where i was. he played with desi's hair until she rested her eyes and then he came over to me.

"what did desi say?" i asked grayson while looking at desi.

"she knows you didn't mean it;you should apologize. i'll leave so you could get some privacy" grayson pats my back for support and leaves the room.
i walk to her bed and kneeled on one knee.

"i know you're mad me, and i was wrong for being angry. i'm sorry i just have this tendency where my temper loses it."

i stood there for a few minutes, waiting for a reply. but there was none.

suddenly, she faces towards me and grabs my face.

"ethan," she looks at me, with a sincere smile. "thank god you look attractive, i wouldn't have forgave you" she laughed.

"yes!" i laughed and wrapped my arms around her.

"hey, remember there's no room for a broken heart?" i sang at her.

"yeah i do,it's from your ocean love song." she laughs.

"uh, guys? dinners ready" grayson opened the door and scratched the back of his hair indicating it was awkward.

we broke the hug immediately and laughed about it.

~ dinner

"told you i liked the ethan guy better" her dad tugs her arm.

"dad!" desi laughs. i blushed because i was flattered.

"listen up you two twins" desi's dad says and points us his dinner knife.

"one of you, whoever likes desi, don't cheat on her. okay?" her dad says.

"oh- uh sir, ethan's the one who likes desi" grayson smirks at me and pats my back.

"grayson!" i got mad.

"after we eat our pizza, let's talk, okay ethan" her dad demanded.

"great look what you put me to!"  i whispered to grayson.

"hehe sorry!" he laughs.

~

"let's stay outside." desi's dad says. i followed him and there was seats in his frontyard so i took a seat.

"i hope, when you date desi, i get to see you as her husband." he smiles at me.

thank you universe it wasn't the end of my life.

"thank you sir" i said, looking up at the bright stars.

"did you know that alex and desi would always fight?" her dad said.

"no, i didn't know that." i replied. i felt dissapointed knowing they looked so happy on the inside, but they're not.

"how could you fight the love of your life?" i asked.

"maybe that's why they were always fighting, desi wasn't the love of alex's life."

"everything happens for a reason, ethan. don't make the same mistakes as alex did." he looks up to the sky.

"i won't sir, thank you" i smile to him. i check my phone and it was 9:00 and me and gray better get going.

"excuse me sir, i have to get going." i got up from the chair and went inside the house.

"yo gray, let's get going." i tell him.

"i'll just say bye to desi."

"desi, i'm going to go home"

"okay." she smiles. her smile gets me every damn time and makes me fall in love with her more.

"see you soon dolan" she waves goodbye.

~ car ride

"yo bro, what did her dad tell you?" grayson asked.

"he told me that everything happens for a reason, and to not make the same mistakes as alex did." i replied.

"oh ok."

"same goes to you. don't hurt stassie dude" i rested my arm on his shoulder.

"i definitely won't."