Chapter 11

Chapter 11

"How did they find us? We had no one following us." Liam said while pacing back and forth.

"I don't get it. Why does it matter if people know we're dating?" Suddenly Liam came running up to me. He stopped pacing and just stared at me.

"You honestly don't get it do you Annie?"

"Get what? We are dating aren't we?"

"Yes, we are."

"Then why does it matter if people know?!" Now I was getting angry. Not because people knew, but because Liam seemed like he didn't want people to know.

"Because!"

"BECAUSE IS NOT AN ANSWER LIAM!" At this point I was yelling at him. It didn't make sense to me.

"Why are you yelling at me? I didn't do anything wrong." Liam tried calming me down. But the last thing he said ruined everything.

"Get out."

"Excuse me? Annie, please. I don't know what I did wrong."

At that point I had it. I knew that what I was going to say was going to hurt him, but it would probably hurt me even more. "If you don't know what you did wrong, then you clearly don't understand why I am mad. If you don't understand why I am mad, then you don't even know me well enough to date me." Tears fell down my cheeks and I ran away not even wanting to see the look on Liam's face. I had hurt him. I could tell, but he hurt me more then anyone ever had.

I heard the door slam and I jumped out of my bed to look out the window. He sped out of my drive way and down the street.

I collapsed onto my bed and curled into a ball and cried.

*******

Beep. Beep. Beep.

I woke up and realized I had fallen asleep. I was so upset, I managed to cry myself to sleep. I've never done that before in my life. Not even when my mom died.

"Mom." I whispered to myself.

I missed her so much. She would have been here, right here. In my room. My head in her lap while she brushed the hair out of my face. She would rub my back and tell me everything is going to be alright. 

I smiled at the memories. Everything's gonna be alright was our song. We had gone through hell and back together, but we kept strong. She would always tell me that everything happens for a reason. I believed her. If I didn't, we wouldn't be as close as we were.

No matter how far away we were from each other, it always felt like she was with me. It still feels like that today.

She may be up in heaven and looking down on me..but I know what she would say.

****

I decided to have a lazy day. I ate ice cream and watched romantic comedies. It's what my mom and I did together after we each had break ups. That's how close we were. She was my best friend. She always would be.

***

I decided to look for my phone. After the fight I had with Liam, I threw it somewhere in my room.

After about 15 minutes of looking for it, I found it in the corner of my room with all my pillows and stuffies.

From: Lizzie

Heey!

From: Lizzie

Annie, why aren't you replying?