It was like god himself had carved Marcus from a statue. His cheekbones could cut a finger and a jaw that could slice a hand. He was taller, more muscular. He looked nothing like the boy that went away. He wore a blacket jacket and ripped jeans, his grey eyes studied the school as every female studied him.

The air around the school seemed to crackle with immense tension. I watched him as his eyes studied the school before flickering across everybody's faces.

Suddenly, they slipped past every other person's eyes and landed on mine. No surprise etched his face, it was like he didn't recognise me. Until I saw the corner of his mouth lift up.

My mouth was probably hanging open in shock. He was Adonis himself.  My lanky boy best friend was gone, replaced by a man with muscle and a tattoo peeking from out his black jacket. "What the fuck! When did Marcus get hot?" Casey cursed quietly. 

I agreed.

Our eyes were still connected until he looked away, breaking what I could only explain to be a spell. I shook my head of the fuzzy thoughts and glanced at Casey. She was practically drooling. I cleared my throat.

"Right.. yeah.. let's go" Casey said before glancing at Marcus again.

I forced himself not to look over my shoulder as my two best friends and I made our way to class. Casey and Vienna sat together, hoping to gossip all about the Canadian boys that V might have met. They were giggling when the door opened again when Marcus walked in.

The chatter in the room ceased immediately and the principal that followed him noticed. He shot the class a smile before taking quietly to the teacher.
I could take my eyes off him, he was so captiviting. I had known him my entire life and suddenly it was like he was a stranger.

That's when I realised the Professor was pointing at me and Marcus turned his head to look at me. I glanced down at my book quickly, hoping to avoid any awkwardness.

It wasn't long before I heard the scrape of the chair beside me and a black leather jacket was hung over the back of his seat. I took a risk and peeked at him. His eyes were to the front and I watched the muscle in his jaw clench, he knew I was watching him.

I titled my head up, pretending everything was fine. Until Casey turned around.
"Marcus? Do you remember me? I'm Casey Scott, we went to high school together" Casey said beaming.

I glanced at Marcus who turned his attention to Casey. My eyes wandered over his jaw before landing on his lips for a moment. I thought what it would be like to be enveloped in his arms as he pressed his lips against mine before easing my eyes to his. I would have shrunk under his gaze that he gave to Casey but Casey just beamed wider. "I remember you" was all he said.

That's all he had to say. His voice had changed into a deep velvety chocolate voice, the kind you wanted to close your eyes and hear them read poetry.
Casey chuckled. "You look different" she said, still chuckling.

I widened my eyes at her. "I still remember the lanky best friend, don't you Diana?" Casey asked, looking at me.

I felt his eyes on me and my cheeks flushed. "Umm yeah, it was a long time ago" I replied, my voice shaking.

"Four years to be exact, didn't you have a calender that you marked off days-- Ow!" Casey yelped when I kicked her from under my desk.

I could still feel Marcus's eyes on me and I squirmed uncomfortably. I glared at Casey who just poked her tongue out and faced the front.

I missed you.

It suddenly ran through my mind and I frowned. I wasn't even thinking anything like that.  What? I turned my head to look at Marcus but he was already jolting down the dot points from the board.

I shook off the crazy thought and continued on with my work. We had finished out chapter when Marcus stood up and grabbed his jacket from the back of his chair. He was out of the classroom door when the bell went.
"So that as intense" Casey said as we headed to the oval.

"And awkward, no thanks to you" I snapped as V laughed.

"I had to say something, I couldn't let you sit there in silence when I know you were bursting to know where he had been" Casey said, shrugging.

That hadn't been the case at all. I had actually thought about what it'd be like to kiss him. "Well honestly I don't care, I stopped caring a year ago" I replied stiffly.

"Oh come on D, we know you missed him, he's back.." V trailed off.

I glanced at her. "He's not my best friend anymore, I hardly recognise him, you guys are my best friends and we have cheer practice and as your Captain, move your butts!" I exclaimed.

They chuckled as we ran towards the squad.

A/N

First chapter up!
It's a bit chaotic in this college I think!

What do you think about our Hottie protagonist Marcus?
We learn more on Diana a little bit later don't you worry.
But I'm so glad you guys are here and supporting me!

Lots of love, T xoxo
Don't forget to vote and Comment as well guys!