Chapter 25 - Little prince

Dimitri's POV

A few hours had passed, but there was no news from the delivery room. I was so worried.

"Why don't they say anything?" I asked nervously as I slammed my fist against the wall.

"Dimitri, calm down." My father said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Dimitri, Dad, how are Sarah and the baby?" Valentina asked as she and her husband approached us.

"We are still waiting." My father replied.

Valentina hugged me. I hugged her back.

She pulled back and handed me a bag.

"Dad told me to bring you clean clothes. Go and change. Don't worry, if there is the news, we will tell you."

I nodded as I took the bag. I was still in my wet clothes.

I changed my clothes quickly in the room and went back. We were still waiting, sitting beside the delivery room.

Finally, the doctor walked out

Finally, the doctor walked out. I stood up quickly and approached her.

"How are they?" I asked nervously.

"Congratulations, Mr. Fedorov. The baby was born. The mother and baby are healthy." She informed, smiling.

"Oh, thank God." I sighed, relieved, placing my hands on my face, my eyes closed. "I am a father." I commented happily.

"Congratulations, son." My father hugged me. I hugged him back.

My eyes filled with tears of happiness and joy. Then, I hugged Valentina, her husband.

The nurse walked out, holding my son in her arms. She smiled at me as she gave me my son.

My little bundle of joy.

I took him in my arms carefully.

"Hey, my little prince. Welcome to our life." I whispered, kissing his chubby cheek.

He was so tiny that I was afraid of hurting him. It was one of the best feelings in the world. Holding my son in my arms. My own flesh and blood. It was the best gift that someone could receive.

"Daddy loves you, little prince." I said, looking at him, mesmerized.

"Aww, he is so cute." Valentina commented, caressing his little hand.

"I need to take him for a check up." The nurse interrupted us. I nodded and gave her my son.

Then, the door opened and they brought Sarah. I approached her and held her hand as I placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"Thank you, kiska. You made me the happiest man on earth. I love you. I love you so much." I said as I wiped my tears off my cheeks.

"Dimitri. I love you, too. " She admitted, making me double happy. I was on cloud nine. She forgave me.

My woman. My Sarah. The mother of my son. The only love of my life. My everything. My breath in the fresh air.

Sarah's POV

I was in the room, waiting for my little boy. Everybody was beside me. Dimitri was sitting beside me, holding my hand.

Finally, the door opened, and the nurse walked in, holding our son.

I was so nervous and happy. She gave me my son. I held him in my arms.

"My little boy." I whispered, kissing his cheek.

"He is so cute. He will be so handsome." Valentina commented, looking at my son.

"Of course. As his father." Dimitri stated with a cocky grin on his face.

Everyone laughed.

"But not as arrogant as him." I added amusingly.

"Hey!" Dimitri raised his eyebrow at me playfully.

A few hours later, we were alone. Dimitri, our boy and I. Dimitri was sitting beside me on the bed, wrapping his arm around my shoulder. My boy was sleeping in my arms.

"But it is unfair. He totally looks like you." I admitted. "At least, look like your mother a little, my baby." I added, caressing my little boy's cheek with my fingertip.

He had blond hair and emerald green eyes as his father's. His chin, lips, nose looked like him.

"Of course, he will be. I worked hard at making him." Dimitri commented arrogantly and winked at me.

"Pervert!" I exclaimed, laughing.

"I love you, kiska." He murmured as he kissed my lips.

"I love you, too." I said and brushed my lips against his lips.

Today we were leaving the hospital. I put on a navy blue dress and leather jacket. Andrei, my little boy was sleeping in his crib peacefully. We were waiting for Dimitri. He was signing some papers to leave the hospital.

I held Andrei in my arms carefully without waking him up and placed him in his baby car seat. I pulled a blanket over him.

"Are you ready?" Dimitri asked as he walked in.

"Yes." I replied.

He took the baby car seat and held my hand. We walked out.

After I got in the car, Dimitri placed the baby car seat beside me and closed the door for me. He got in the car and started the car after giving me a tender smile through the rear view mirror. I smiled at him back.

He parked his car in front of the penthouse building. He got out of the car quickly and opened the door for me. He took the baby car seat. I got out of the car. He held my hand as we walked towards the building.

As the elevator door opened, everyone greeted us, cheering. Everyone was here: Uncle Sergei, Valentina, her husband, their daughter, my parents, my brother, Galina.

The living room was decorated with blue balloons, the banner "Welcome home, Andrei." had written on it, blue and golden confetti. There were a lot of adorable cupcakes, cakes and so on.

After spending some time together, Dimitri and I took our boy to his nursery room. We had prepared his room before our fight. The room was decorated in blue, white and golden colours. It looked elegant, joyful and calming.

I placed Andrei in his crib carefully. He was sleeping peacefully. I pulled a blanket over him.

Dimitri wrapped his arms around my waist from behind as he rested his chin on my shoulder.

"I love you, kiska." He murmured in my ear as he planted a soft kiss on my neck.