Chapter 18 - Bliss

Sarah's POV

I rushed to his office, worried. As soon as I walked in, I saw him sadly sitting on his seat, holding his head in his hands, looking down. There was the glass scattered on the floor.

"Dimitri." I approached him.

He lifted his head up, looking sadly. I hugged him. He stood up as he hugged me back tightly and buried his head into the hollow on my neck. I caressed his hair.

"Are you fine?" I asked as I pulled my head away a little. He nodded.

"Sarah...sorry...but I need to talk to my father." He said.

"No problem, darling." I placed a tender kiss on his lips.

"The driver will drop you off." He informed. I nodded in agreement.

It was late, but Dimitri hadn't still come home. I was looking through the window, drinking my orange juice.

Suddenly, I heard noises; I placed my glass on the table and went towards the door.

"Kiska." Dimitri said in a gloomy voice as he wrapped his arms around me.

I hugged him back.

"How do you feel?" I asked, concerned.

"Complicated." He sighed and held my hand, leading us towards the couch.

We sat down on the couch. I leaned against his chest. He wrapped his arm around me, placing a soft kiss on my hair. He placed his free hand on my stomach and rubbed it tenderly.

"It is really bliss holding you in my arms...after a tough day." He murmured, caressing my hair.

I lifted my head and kissed his cheek.

"I love you." I said.

He smiled at me and kissed my lips. "I love you, too." He stroked my hair and suggested. "Let's go to bed. I am tired."

I nodded. We stood up; he wrapped his arm around me as we headed towards our bedroom.

I woke up to the delicious smell. I rubbed my eyes as I looked at the bed; Dimitri wasn't in the bed. I got up and put on my silk black robe. I headed towards the kitchen, following the heavenly smell.

I found Dimitri cooking in the kitchen. I folded my arms over my chest, leaning against the door frame. His back was turned to me. So he didn't notice me. He wore a white shirt, black suit pants and a black tie. As he turned around, he saw me.

 As he turned around, he saw me

"Morning, kiska." He said happily.

"Good morning." I smiled as I approached him. I wrapped my arms around him. He kissed my lips.

"My morning is good now." He commented. I smiled.

He placed his hand on my stomach and rubbed my belly.

"Hey, buddy, good morning to you too. Dad cooked you delicious pancakes." He said, still rubbing my bump.

"Only for him?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him playfully.

He laughed and kissed my lips.

"My boy, your mother is jealous." He commented and placed a kiss on my stomach.

I smiled as I stroked his hair. "How do you feel?" I asked, concerned.

His expression hardened. "I am fine. Don't worry. Come on, let's have breakfast." He charged subjects.

I nodded without insisting.

After having breakfast, we went to the hospital; we had a doctor appointment.

The doctor was checking our baby. Dimitri and I were looking at the screen while she was moving the wand on my stomach.

"Yes....everything is normal. Your baby is healthy. But you should be more careful. Don't tire yourself too much." She said.

I nodded. Dimitri helped me to get up.

We left the hospital and went shopping for our baby. There were a lot of cute clothes in the baby shop. I couldn't decide which clothes to choose; all of them were adorable. We ended up buying plenty of different clothes. Then, we bought a lot of toys. His nursery room was ready. We decorated it in white, navy blue colours.

After shopping, Dimitri dropped me off and left for the mansion to talk to his father.

Dimitri's POV

I couldn't believe my ears. I was in the mansion. Valentina was here too. My mother talked to Valentina and asked her to give her money. 50.000$. I was frustrated. After all these years, she came back asking for money.

I ran my hand through my hair, trying to calm down.

"Dima, please calm down." Valentina said as she placed her hand on my arm.

"How? How can I?!" I snapped at her.

My father ended his call and walked towards us.

"Oleg searched. His husband lost plenty of money in poker and got bankrupt. He borrowed some many from someone, and they are after him." He informed.

"Mafia?" I asked. My father nodded.

I clenched my fist. She was back for her fucking bastard lover. I stood up.

"I am going home." I informed.

"Dima..."

I interrupted Valentina. "Not now, Valentina."

She nodded.

"See you later, son. And don't worry. I will handle it." My father said. I nodded and left.

When I arrived home, the living room was dark. I headed towards the bedroom.

Sarah was laying on the bed. When she saw me, she smiled at me. I smiled back and went towards the bed. I changed my clothes and lay down beside her on the bed and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you." I admitted as I smelt her heavenly scent and kissed her lips passionately.

I placed my head on her belly, rubbing it. She was stroking my hair.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked softly.

I sighed deeply and told her about everything.

"I am sorry, darling." She said.

I lifted my head up. "Don't be, it isn't your fault. Just hug me."

She nodded, smiling and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her waist tightly and placed a soft kiss on her neck.

"Thank you for being beside me, kiska. I love you so much." I murmured, placing soft kisses on her neck.

"I love you too." She said, running her hands through my hair.