Chapter 16 - The truth

Sarah's POV

When I woke up, Dimitri was not in bed.

No. No. Don't do it to me again. I repeated with my inner voice.

Suddenly, the door opened. Dimitri walked in, holding the tray in his hands, smiling at me.

"Good morning, kiska."

"Good morning." I said, giving him a bright smile.

He walked closer to me and sat down beside me on the bed, placing the tray on the bed.

"Thank you, my romantic husband." I said and kissed his lips.

"You are welcome."

We started eating.

Suddenly, his phone rang. When he looked at his phone, he furrowed his eyebrows as he picked up his phone.

"Good morning, Dad."

He was listening to him, his eyebrows furrowed.

"Ok." He sighed and hung up his phone.

"I have to go to the company." He informed, giving me an apologetic look. I nodded.

"What about dinner?" He asked, caressing my hand.

"Great!" I exclaimed, smiling.

"Ok, I will pick you up. See you later." He said and kissed my lips.

I was watching him while he was putting on his clothes. He wore a black suit, a white shirt and a black tie. He placed a soft kiss on my lips and left.

 He placed a soft kiss on my lips and left

Dimitri's POV

My father's voice was angry. He snapped at me and hung up.

I got out of my car and went to his office. I knocked on the door and walked in.

"Dad."

He looked frustrated.

"Sit down. We have to talk. I am not going to watch how you are messing up with your life." He snapped, looking at me angrily. I clenched my jaw.

"Dad..." I hissed.

"Do not interrupt me. You need to know the truth. Maybe then, you will stop acting like this."

I looked at him with questioning eyes.

What is he talking about?

"The truth?" I asked.

"About your mother."

I clenched my fist. "What are you talking about?" I hissed.

"Your mother has left us not because of that I cheated. She had left with her lover."

I looked at him, shocked. I shook my head as I laughed mockingly.

"Now you start lying about her. How pathetic!" I hissed.

"It is the truth. Your sister knows about it too. If you do not believe me, you can ask her. I had found out about it a week before she left. We fought and she accepted. She said she loved him and decided to go with him. I was frustrated and felt betrayed."

I was shocked. I felt like my world fell apart.

How? How?

I could not think straight anymore. My father was explaining, but I could not believe my ears.

"Why did you not tell me?" I murmured. My voice was barely audible.

"You loved your mother so much. There was a strong bond between you. I did not want to break your heart. But now, I am not going to watch how you ruin your life." He stated and looked at me softly. "Sarah loves you. You love her too. Do not ruin your life, your marriage for a lie." He added.

I ran my hand through my hair. All of those were for a lie. For a fucking lie. I clenched my fist. I looked at my father.

"I am sorry, Dad. I..."

"I understand you, son." He interrupted me.

"I hired a detective to find her. He found her, but she disappeared before I went to her house. I thought it was you who blackmailed her to stay away from us. I am really sorry, Dad." I said, giving him an apologetic look.

He stood up and walked towards me. I stood up. He hugged me. I hugged him back.

"I love you, son. You are my own flesh and blood. How can I be angry at you?! You will understand when you become a father." He stated, hugging me.

Sarah's POV

I went to the bathroom and took a shower. After drying myself with a towel, I put on my clothes and went to the kitchen. I had breakfast.

I wanted to buy a new dress for dinner. I took my bag and left.

I bought a black lace mini dress. It was so beautiful and sexy.

I stopped in front of the baby clothes shop. A pair of white shoes caught my attention. They were so cute. I smiled, placing my hand on my stomach, rubbing my belly. I walked into the shop. I decided to make Dimitri a surprise. After buying the shoes, I went to the penthouse.

It was evening. Dimitri was on the way. I got ready. I put the little box into my bag. My phone buzzed.

'I am waiting for you in front of the penthouse.'

I took my phone and left.

Dimitri was leaning against his car, waiting for me. He smiled at me as he saw me and looked at me from head to toe. I smiled at him back. He approached me and wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me into his embrace.

"Stunning." He commented, looking into my eyes with pure passion in his eyes.

He placed a soft kiss on my lips. He held my hand, leading us to the car.

We were eating our dinner, listening to beautiful music. Dimitri stood up and walked towards me.

"Dance with me." He said, looking into my eyes as he extended his hand towards me. I smiled and gave my hand.

He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me closer to him, inhaling my hair. I wrapped my arms around his neck, leaning my head against his chest. Time seemed to stop. I was in heaven. In my heaven.

After having dinner, we went home. He held my hand, leading us to our bedroom. He sat down on the bed, looking at me with salacious eyes. He wrapped his arms around my waist, looking into my eyes. I stroked his hair.

"I need to tell you something." I informed.

He looked at me with questioning eyes. I took my bag and pulled the box out of my bag. I was so excited. I bit my lower lip nervously and handed him the box. He took the box, looking at me with a curious look. He untied the white ribbon slowly. My heart was beating faster. He opened the box. He took the shoes, looking into my eyes, opening and closing his mouth.

"You..." He said with inquiring eyes.

"I am pregnant." I informed happily.