Chapter 2 - Magic

Sarah's POV

I felt butterflies in my stomach. He tightened his arm around me, kissing me passionately. I responded to his kiss, moving my hands up along his chest.

He pulled my lower lip between his teeth and pulled back a little, looking into my eyes full of passion in his eyes.

"Put your clothes on! You are coming with me. I will show you magic." He demanded huskily.

"Hmm?" I looked at him, dumbfounded.

He smirked arrogantly. "Do you want to stay here...and continue what we have started, kiska?" He asked with a cocky grin.

I narrowed my eyes at him. He chuckled and pulled away.

"Hurry up!" He ordered.

"I am not coming with you anywhere." I protested, folding my arms over my chest.

He walked closer to me, trailing his fingertip along my cheek, sending shivers down my spine.

"Do not worry I will not eat you...tonight." He murmured in my ear huskily and pulled back, grinning; I gave him a dirty look. He chuckled.

"Come on."

"Ok. Wait here." I sighed as I accepted and went to the bedroom.

I put on blue jeans and a white blouse. I took my bag and left the bedroom.

"I am ready." I informed.

"Great! Let's go."

He held my hand quickly and dragged me out with him without letting me protest.

When we walked out of the hotel, the sky was not dark, despite the fact that it was midnight.

"I told you I would show you magic." He murmured in my ear; I looked at him, puzzled.

"White nights. You can see this only in St. Petersburg. From late May to early July, the nights are bright here. It stands at such a high latitude that the sun does not descend below the horizon enough for the sky to grow dark." He explained with a serious expression.

"It is beautiful." I commented, looking around in awe.

He smiled, placing his hand on my lower back as he headed me towards a black Lamborghini.

We got in his car. He started the car.

I was staring at him. He was so handsome with his blond hair and green eyes. And his charming smile.

He turned his head towards me and gave me a bright smile.

He parked his car as we arrived at our destination. We got out of the car. In front of us was the Neva River.

We leaned against the trunk hood, watching the magical scenery in front of us

We leaned against the trunk hood, watching the magical scenery in front of us. Dimitri was giving me information about here.

We were watching the raising of the drawbridges across the Neva River. This was the signature tradition of the White Nights: watching the spectacle of the massive Neva River bridges heaving apart to let through boat traffic. The most popular spot, which offered the best views of the Palace and Trinity bridges going up. There was a carnival atmosphere, with bands playing nearby, food and drink stalls and party boats going up and down the river.