CHAPTER SIX: TWO EMOTIONS

Start from the beginning

And it was that moment, I realized, I am over him, I am over them.

Masha Allah.

Funny how few minutes could help drown a century of heartaches and pain.

"Add me back on facebook?" Aminah pleaded.

"Of course," I assured her.

We hugged each other again before she got back to her seat. A minute later, Isaac returned.

He got the magazine and read. Then as if remembering something, he got something inside his pocket. It was my mini – notebook.

"I took all my time to read most of your work," he said, looking satisfied.

I gasped. I got the notebook from him and placed it inside my bag. Then as childish as it may seem, I covered my face with my hands, then shook my head, hating the gibberish things I've written on my notebook.

He chuckled.

"Come on, it's not that bad. The nest dies and the bird flies," he teased.

I removed my hands from my face and then, started hitting him with my hand.

"Stop it, stop it. You shouldn't have read them you dork!" I kept on saying.

He only let me do it until I was tired of hitting him. And then Isaac gazed at me and there was too much mischievousness, so much joy in his eyes.

His eyes, those choco brown eyes that seem to draw me in. I could get lost in them and I won't mind at all.

My mind seems to recall the line from his notes. Is Isaac really feeling something for me? Why do I feel so lucky? All in one day Fatima? All in one day.

I looked away, huff a little, then sat up straight. I heard Isaac sat up straight too but he returned the magazine back. His manly scent is really amazing that I need to try not to truly smell it or else I would look like a lunatic woman.

"If it's any consolation Ms. Maryam, you write so good. I like your free verse style," he praised.

My heart was racing. The CEO of Writeworthy Inc., likes my writing style. Does this mean I get a shot of being published? Stop it Fatima, you're going ahead of yourself.

The rest of the flight went well. After an hour and a half, we were already landing to Kalesa International Airport. Isaac was the one who pushed the trolley containing all our bags. Walking with a handsome man is flattering. Ya Allah, why am I absolutely joyful?

As we were headed to the limousine waiting for us, I saw again Harun and Aminah hailing a cab. Aminah waved goodbye and I did the same.

The chauffeur opened the door and Isaac and I got in. I can never get used to the wide space of a limousine. I also do not know why a humble man like Isaac had a limousine.

It was 9:15pm, and I was feeling hungry.

"We're staying at a hotel. We'll have dinner there, is it okay with you? Or we could stop over to the nearest restaurant if you want?" Isaac said.

I shook my head.

"I'm good Sir. We'll dine at the hotel," I replied politely.

He nod and smiled back.

"So about your friend Aminah and the guy she's with, are those two the reasons of the poem you wrote?" Isaac asked me.

I was grateful that the driver is out of earshot from us.