"Basically the day was going on as usual. Mia made some snotty comment every time I was at my locker and I ignored it resulting in a slap or two, I go to class," Olivia nods following along with the story," but after fourth hour Seth and I were talking and he mentioned my moms and surprise surprise Mia heard. So she gets all sarcastic and bitchy and says that my moms shouldn't have gotten married because their love is unnatural and I shouldn't be alive. And I just got so angry."

Olivia cocks her head to the side slightly," but why now? She's always been bitchy."

"She brought my moms into it. When it was just me it was different, but my moms? They mean the world to me, hearing someone bad mouth them and the love that they have for each other? I've never been so mad before and I just," I look down at my hands," I punched her."

Will speaks up," and then our angel here tried to apologize but Mia flipped out."

"It was bogus to be honest. Mia got cheap shots in. She pulled Em's leg and Em's face literally smacked into the ground, that caused most of her injuries." Seth adds.

I sigh," let's not rehash this whole thing yeah? I'm fine, hopefully Mia is."

"Wait wait, um, what did Hersey do to you?"

"Suspension. I didn't tell him the whole story he only got Mia's side so I'm out for ten days."

Then Ma calls us in for breakfast. We sit around the table and fill our plates with food.

My moms ask my friends some questions, getting to know them better before Momma looks to me.

"Honey have you started thinking about what you want to do?"

I gulp.

Ma chimes in," I do need to know, the longer we wait to call the principal the worse this could get."

"I um," I clear my throat and look up," I do still want to change schools."

Olivia's eyes snap to me, followed by Seth and Will's.

"I'm sorry change schools?" Olivia asks.

My gaze drops to my plate as I push the last few pieces a fruit around," yeah. I've given it a lot of thought."

"You can't run from your problems Emerson."

I frown and look at her," I'm not running from anything."

"Seems like it. We've all put up with it for years you can do the same." Her voice comes out hard almost angry like.

I'm now glaring at Olivia," I'm not you Olivia!"

Her jaw clenches, she sets her fork down, and smiles politely at my parents," excuse me."

Then she stands up and walks away, right out the front door.

I groan, putting my head in my hands.

It's silent. A minute or two later the coffee pot beeps. Momma gets up.

Sighing I stand and go after Olivia. I don't have to look far. She's leaning against Seth's Jeep. Hands in my pockets I walk over to her.

"Liv,"

"Sorry. You leaving is your choice I just," she sighs," I know it's been a short time but you're one of my best friends. I don't want you to go."

I grab her arm and pull her into me, arms around her neck. She wraps her arms around my middle.

We just stay like that for a moment, neither of us said anything.

"Changing schools won't change our friendship Liv. You're one of my best friends too, just like those goofballs," I nod towards my house," and I'm not running away I just, I can't live every day like this anymore."