Chapter 18: Love Day

Start from the beginning

"Like you? You're gonna surprise me?" I started to chuckle.

"Hey, I can be pretty romantic" He raised his eyebrows and shoved his hands in the back pockets of his jeans. We came to a stop by the lockers next to my homeroom class. I leaned up against them as he stood in front of me.

"Romantic? Says the guy who sleeps around" I roll my eyes.

He leaned forward and whispered in my ear, "I haven't slept with anyone after you asked me to kiss you in my car." Logan leaned back to see my eyes widened in shock. "See ya later, Jones" he smirked and winked at me for the third time. I watched him walk away, then the bell rang and he faded into the crowd of people. I tilted my head back to rest against the lockers trying to process the information he just blurted out. This had to mean something, but I didn't know what it meant.

~

I sat in class at the end of the day still not having the knowledge of what gift Logan got me. At this point, I just thought he lied about the whole thing just to get my hopes up. We were supposed to be reading, but I was just about to text him when I would find out what he means by "you'll see," which became the two most irritating words, then everyone heard a knock on the door.

"These are for.." the girl paused to read the name on the card. "Stella Jones."

"Yeah, that's me" I raised my hand as she started to walk over to me. She set the gift on the table and gave me a genuine smile before she left the room.

I first opened the gift basket which was filled with different kinds of blueberry jam. My eyes then shifted over to flowers with a card inside an envelop attached to them. I opened the envelop and started to read the card.

I know you'll find this super lame, that's why I did it, just to piss you off. I got you all the blueberry jams I could find cause I didn't know if you prefer one kind over another. P.S. Flowers are fake cause I know you don't like real ones. -Logan

The mix of thoughtfulness and sarcasm on the card really touched me. I had never had someone like him before, someone who does things like this just to make me smile. I liked it.

Once the class ended, I headed out to the parking lot to drive home. I put the gifts on the passenger's side, then turned around to walk to the drivers side.

"Hey, how'd you like the gift?" Logan's voice greeted me as I turned around to face him. I took a step towards him and stood on my tip toes as I hugged him.

"I loved it, thank you" I whispered in his ear. I stepped back so my eyes could meet his beautiful brown ones. "Um, my parents are doing this lame date night with each other and so they're going out, but I have nothing to do, so would you wanna make my night less sucky and come over?" I raised my eyebrows while putting my hands in my pockets, hoping he'd say yes.

"I don't know, Jones. Us, together? Alone? Might not be a good idea, if you know what I mean" he winked. I could tell he was joking.

"Ugh, be there at six, Logan" I rolled my eyes in response.

"Will do" he nodded.

I smiled as I walked pass him to to open the door to my car. As I sat down and started the car, I saw him walking away, shoving both his hands in his front pocket while shaking his head and smiling. He tilted his head back followed by one last glance back to look at me which made me smile. We didn't have a good track record with being alone together, so tonight would be unpredictable, which made me regret ever asking him to come over.