Chapter 12: Escapades

"Logan, what the hell are you doing?!" I brought his arm down from pointing at me.

"What do you mean? I'm making you famous" he answered like he did nothing wrong.

"I didn't sign up for this, I can't go up there" I was panicking. I've never performed in front of anyone. I only sang in the car and whenever my parents would leave the house to go out somewhere. My breathing started to quicken and my heart was racing super fast.

"You'll be fine, I've heard you, you're really good, there's nothing to worry about Jones" he whispered while he cupped my faced. Everyone in the room was staring at us, they were probably waiting for me to go up there. I stood up and grabbed Logan's hand. I started walking and I didn't let go of his hand so he had to walk with me. He realized that I was taking him up there with me and he started following me.

"Jones I can't go up there, I'm serious about this" he was probably nervous too, but he deserved it for making me go up there.

"I'm serious too" I looked back at Logan who I was dragging behind me. He looked so pissed, but I didn't really care. The whole time I was walking up there, I was trying to figure out what song we were going to sing because it's not like I had time to prepare for this. I stepped up on the small platform, which was the stage, and Logan followed me. We were facing each other on the stage at this point and I had no idea how I was going to do this.

"Logan... I... I don't think I can do this" I was starting to feel light headed and my face felt like it was on fire.

"Stella, you're gonna do fine, just... just look at me the whole time, okay?" I nodded nervously and grabbed a guitar and went up to the guy playing the drums and the guy playing the piano and told them what song we were going to play. I turned around to tell Logan and he was already standing by the mic with a guitar hanging off of him. I furrowed my brows together.

"You play guitar?" I heard a couple people in the crowd laugh at my question. They must've heard me. In all fairness I did only know the guy a week... barely. He then let out a light laugh.

"Yeah" he smiled at me. I went up to him and whispered what song we were going to play. He nodded for a response and I anxiously stood up in front of my mic and put the guitar strap over my shoulder. 

I nodded while looking at Logan for the whole 1, 2, 3, 4 thing. I never had to do that, but since I was playing with more than person and because I wasn't alone in my bedroom or in the shower, it was kind of necessary. We started playing our guitars together. I told the drummer and pianist to join in later. I can't believe this was happening. No rehearsal, no nothing. How bad can it get? I looked out into the crowd, but that was becoming too overwhelming so I did what Logan told me to do. I looked at him, which made me feel ten times better. It felt like it was just us. I have to admit, he looked pretty good playing the guitar. I started to sing the first verse. I was actually singing in front of people. I moved onto the next verse and Logan joined me. We sang together, gazing into each other's eyes and smiling, it was so surreal; our voices meshed so well together. I continued to sing and he played the guitar while smiling like an idiot. After a while I let him sing without me. I stood there, smiling, playing my guitar, admiring his voice. This was going surprisingly well. I was starting to enjoy being up on stage with him singing, although most of it was just us looking at each other, apart from the few times him and I looked down at our guitars. When I first got into his car earlier I definitely wasn't expecting this to happen, but I'm glad he brought me here.