Chapter 13: Unacquainted Feelings

I woke up the next morning feeling exhausted. Next time Logan wants to put on a concert in the local cafe, I need to remind him to do it earlier at night. I hesitantly got out of bed because I was contemplating faking sick or something so I wouldn't have to go to school and I could just sleep all day. My body somehow made its way out of bed and I started getting ready for school. I was putting on some black jeans when I heard my phone ring from across my bedroom. Who was calling me this early? I ran over to the phone with my pants still not fully on my legs. It was Logan. I answered the phone and held it between my ear and my shoulder so I could finish getting dressed.

"Logan?" I jumped into my pants and buttoned them.

"Morning Jones" he answered not sounding tired at all.

"Why are you calling me so early?"

"Well I had this fantastic idea, long story short, I'm driving you to school" he stated like he wasn't going to give me any other choice.

"Thanks, but you really don't have to do that" I told him while trying to pick out a shirt to wear.

"Well, you see Jones, it's a little too late for you to say no. By the way... nice underwear, black lace... very sexy" I just knew he was smiling right now. Wait. How did he know what I was wearing? I took a few steps to look out my window and sure enough his car was parked outside my house, but his windows were tinted so I couldn't actually see him.

"Are you... in your car right now?"

"I sure am" I could just see the smirk appearing on his face in my mind as he said that.

"Just come inside and stop watching me in your car like some stalker" I hung up the phone and got a shirt to put on. I decided to wear a navy blue tank top with my black jeans and threw on a leather jacket over top of the shirt. I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to meet Logan. I saw him standing in the doorway gazing at me coming down the stairs.

"You've got to be kidding me" I voiced in an irritated tone. He was wearing black pants with a navy blue shirt under a leather jacket. He just looked at my outfit, which looked like his and he started to smile, trying to hold in his laughter. It didn't work, he just ended up laughing anyway.

"I, uh... I like your outfit, Jones" he raised his eyebrows and chuckled some more.

"You think you're funny, don't you?" I asked not looking for an answered because I knew what it would be. I walked over to the kitchen to get some breakfast and heard him follow me.

"Well I have to think I'm funny, if I don't, then there's a possibility no one thinks I'm funny, and I don't think I could live with that, I'd be heartbroken" he put his hand to his chest in mock hurt . I walked around the counter to get breakfast, rolling my eyes, and he placed himself on the stool, which was on the other side of the counter facing me.

"You know, your logic scares me sometimes" he just smirked in response to my statement. I got out a piece of bread and put it in the toaster. I then got out the jar of blueberry jam for my toast, but screwed the lid off to eat it out of the jar with a spoon while waiting for my toast. Logan just started chuckling.

"What are you doing?" he asked me as I turned around while licking the spoon.

"Eating blueberry jam, what does it look like? I hissed back and he put his hand up in mock surrender.

"But why blueberry jam? If you're gonna eat something out of a jar, it should be peanut butter" he said while I scooped out another spoonful of jam.

"Everyone has an addiction, mine is blueberry jam. It's like eating blueberry pie, but without the pie crust" I reasoned while licking the spoon seductively. Logan dropped his head in his hands and rubbed his face smiling.