Chapter 7

Jack

I fall asleep cuddling Zach. It sends lightning bolts through my body. But I wake up without Zach next to me. It's very early because the sun isn't up yet. I hear sniffles from the corner of the room. I throw the covers of my body causing me to shiver from the cold air.

"Zach?" I rub my eyes. "What's wrong?" I sit down next to him but he moves away.

"I-I d-don't know b-b-but it h-hurts." He was full on sobbing now. I attempt to move closer again and this time he doesn't move. He presses his hands against his stomach. I rub his back.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm going to grab you some medicine. I'll be right back." He nods as I stand up to get the medicine. I grab a glass of water for him to swallow the pills and head back to his room. I hand him the pills and he takes them.

"Thank you."

"You're welcome. Now let's get you into bed." I wrap my arms around him and carry him into bed. Tears are still leaving his eyes so I cuddle him. Our faces are really close so I do the one thing I've wanted to do for months. I kiss him. I realize my mistake as soon as he doesn't kiss back. I scramble out of bed and run down the stairs, completely forgetting Jonah is sleeping on the couch. I collapse on the floor in the kitchen, crying. I sit with my back against one of the cupboards. I put my head in my hands and sob. He probably hates me now.

"Jack? What's wrong?" Jonah sits down next to me. He hugs me and I sob on his shoulder.

"I kissed him." I say after I've calmed down a bit. "Zach was crying in the corner because his stomach hurt and after I gave him some medicine I cuddled him and then I kissed him."

"Why'd you do it?"

"Because I love him." I look up at him.

"Look I know you don't want to hear this but I think you should talk to him about it. Who knows what'll happen? But for now you need to sleep." He stands up and offers me a hand. He pulls me up too. "Do you want to sleep on the couch?"

"No, I think he might be asleep now."

"Okay well, goodnight."

"Goodnight." I walk up the stairs and open the door, trying not to make a sound. I step in the room and see Zach wide awake, sitting on the bed. I don't say anything but just turn around, not wanting to talk with him.

"Jack don't leave." I hear behind me. I turn around. Zach pats the spot next to him on the bed. "Why did you do that?" He asks.

"Because I love you." I simply state. "Look I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way, I just, I had to do it." He lies down under the covers.

"Let's just pretend it never happened." I nod even though he can't see me and get in bed as well. He turns around and cuddles into me and I wrap my arms around his waist again.